Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blessed

Trying hard to feel blessed this morning. Not that I am feeling bad, I just want to fully appreciate my blessings today and sometimes that takes effort. We received an anonymous gift from someone at church this week. It is amazing how God just drops these things on us when we least expect them. We were just trying to figure out how to finance a treadmill with no down payment. Then we got this gift and we found a treadmill for about 1/3 of the cost of the one we were looking at. So, we paid cash. It was awesome! Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. The best news is that the user weight goes all the way up to DH's weight, so we can both use it!

This is good news in deed because my eating, non-exercising, non-water drinking, and blood sugar are out of control again. I am still down 30 lbs from where I was 2.5 years ago, but I am so much less careful about what I eat and how it effects my body. Tested my blood sugar this morning and I am back to borderline diabetic numbers. UGH! Time to get back on the low glycemic index band wagon. Plus I have my appointment with the homeopath on Friday.

I am supposed to go in for my annual exam at the GP, but I don't want to go until I have lost a little weight and have my blood sugar and cholesterol back in check. That will take at least a month. I suppose this is why I have been so tired lately. Now I am feeling motivated to do the right things again--not so much because I want to--but because I have to. I don't want to be on 25 different drugs again which is where I was about 3 years ago.

Having really good days with the kids even though they are getting a wee bit tired of being cooped up do to rain. Cupcake is talking all of the time and says the funniest things. Bubba is trying to talk, so he does this gibberish all the time with a few words thrown in for good measure. He is such a flirt and blows kisses to everyone all the time. They were both so affectionate with DH's parents last week, it was really sweet. In fact the in-laws took us both out individually the other day, before they left. We thought it was a divide and conquer approach to the "you have to lose weight" speech (see--we are so skeptical). But it wasn't. They just wanted to tell us both how much they love us and what a good job we are doing as parents. That was so nice.

FIL is still annoying. But MIL gave me some insight into him. Maybe I just need to deal with him like she does and that is either ignore him or confront him. She picks her battles. He just thinks he's an expert on everything. He was giving DH instructions on how to bathe the kids the other night. Seriously. Oh well. Families are full of drama, but where would we be without them.

Not sure if my plans for the day include a trip to the grocery store. I definitely need to clean and do laundry. I should work on a menu plan. And tonight I have THE meeting to dissect ladies camp. They called it off last week because I was so sick. Praying that it is a good and kind meeting--all of my other feedback has been great. So fingers crossed...time to make breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I hate the "you need to lose weight" motivation speech. Do people expect me to go WOW, I had no idea and thought I was underweight???

    ReplyDelete