Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday Stuff

So, we got the new treadmill today. It is a monster! We almost got a divorce over putting it together. DH always wants to do these things, but he isn't very good at it (sorry if you read this Honey). I have learned to just stay out of the way, but when he asks for help--I'll help. Or if he is beating a new, expensive machine--I will intervene. Both happened today. Two good things came out of it--we got it put together and I made a decision to NEVER put anything together ourselves. From now on we will call someone to do it for us. That will save a world of trouble.

I haven't felt motivated to use the thing yet. In fact all I have felt like doing today is eating and drinking milk. I have been drinking milk for days. It's like I can't get enough.

My blood sugar was high again today. Wondering if I ate too many bananas yesterday. The weird part is that it is only high first thing in the morning. Not freak out high--just 150, should be under 130. But when I check throughout the day and its normal. Weird. I have a sinus infection I can't get rid of and I wonder if that is the problem.

Busy day tomorrow. Cupcake has an appointment with the chiropractor at 8:30. I have an appointment with the homeopath at 10 am. THEN--the mobile hair dresser is coming to my house at 1:30 to give me a cut and highlights. I am so excited! I hate going to the salons. My back is such that it is really hard for me to get up from the shampoo chairs. So this lady will come to me, at my house, and it doesn't cost any more. Ain't it great.

Yesterday I went to the Clinique counter. I used to wear Clinique back in the day. I quit, because it was so expensive. But even my Loreal cost over $40 here (it was $8 in the US). Anyway, the Clinique lady gave me some great foundation that hides all my redness and blemishes. And a new powder that is awesome! It was expensive, but all of it should last at least 6 months. That's not so bad. Between that and my new hair tomorrow--I should be feeling loads better about myself soon. Plus for the first time in like my whole life my finger nails are growing and not breaking. They are long. I've had to cut them once. Will probably have to do it again tomorrow. Weird, but good (while it lasts).

Now if I can just work up the motivation to get on the beast in our lounge and to count my calories again. One day at a time. Still have to make my appointment for my annual. Not looking forward to it...ugh.

The kids were wild and crazy today. It took a lot of effort, threatening, etc. to get Bubba to achieve nap time. Cupcake circled quite a while, but never gave in. So she spent the whole day being grumpy and miserable. I hate having to be the bad guy. I would rather just love on my kids all the time. Discipline is no fun at all!

Tuesday is Bubba's 2nd birthday. I can't believe my baby will be 2! We are just having a family party. We have invited over some friends, but no big party this year. Now I just have to figure out what to do for a cake.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I feel tired just reading this but we are under the weather ourselves just now & everything just takes soo much effort! Enjoy the *new you*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.. I get sinus infections when preg with girls....
    my nails grow and don't break when preg
    I drink lots of milk when preg with girls
    I crave salt in first 2 months when preg ( I know you didnt mention that one but I threw it in)

    Maybe???? :-)

    ReplyDelete