Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WWW can be a scary place

So, it finally happened. I found my ex on FB. Every now and then in the interest of self-preservation I do a search for him. The last one just a couple of months ago. I was wasting time last night waiting on the laundry to finish and what do I find? His scary picture pops up. My blood ran cold. There he was. There was his new wife (poor thing). There was his crazy "uncle" and his crazy mother. I just spent the last half an hour blocking all of them on my FB and my mother's FB page.

Do you ever look back on something you did in your life and go "why in the world did I do that?" DH was asking me last night. He just can't fathom why I ever married that crazy man who turned out to be abusive and a cheater. We made two moves in secret in the US to get away from him. He found us, harassed us, and so we filed a restraining order and moved again. I am just now really starting to feel safe here on the other side of the world. At least he can't get a passport, being a convicted felon an all. Yes--you heard me right.

What can I say? I was young. I was stupid. I had just been dumped again by my on again-off again boyfriend of 3 years. I thought I was old (23) and that no one would ever ask me to marry them again. I can't say that I didn't learn anything or achieve personal growth through that experience, so it wasn't all bad. But it very nearly killed me in more ways than one. And I was never so grateful in my life as I was to get away from him. Then God gave me DH. I have always felt like God said, "well done my good and faithful servant...now here is the man I always intended for you...you deserve this blessing for all of the years of suffering." Wow--seriously thanking God for that today.

Needed this reminder that today, May 11, 2010--I don't really have any problems. Not like I used to have. I am healthy. I have two gorgeous children I would never have had. I have a loving and faithful husband whose worst fault is that he is sometimes a little bit unmotivated. I can live with that. I have 6.5 years of wedded bliss with no infidelity and no abuse. If the only problems I have are worrying a little bit about money and praying for the miracle of another baby--then I have to say--I have no problems. Thank you Lord for my life, here and now.


2 comments:

  1. *whew*

    LOL I was just blocked by that pompous man I used to go to high school with. You saw our argument. He's a famous author now. La dee da for him.

    *whatever* But can you imagine unfriending someone because you don't like their literature choices? For their CHILDREN? My.

    Are you ever tempted to have a name like Zoobie ZumZum as your facebook name so no one knows who you are? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to find him to block him.

    You may never know or understand why
    God allowed that part of your life to happen and why you even did it ....but you know ...you wouldnt be the person you are today if you hadn't had that experience...

    PTL You have DH and the kids....you are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete