Do you think if parents knew, I mean truly knew, what kind of huge attitudes their kids would develop around months 18-36 that they would still have kids? There is a lot to parenting that no one can really explain before you have children. No one can really describe the sleepless nights that don't end at 6 weeks. Or the battles of will that will go on over the silliest things. Wait--I hear someone moving furniture. No, it was just the little red car.
The good news is we are all feeling better. I still have chest congestion and a sore ear, but I am just gonna live with it until it goes away. I think I just need to sweat it out. The kids seem a lot better today and in a big hurry to make up for lost time. Oh boy!
I tried to rest yesterday, but finally gave in and cleaned our room, including moving furniture. I can't help it. It's therapeutic. Whenever I am stressed I need to re-arrange the furniture. It helps me focus. It was something my mother always did and I guess I got it from her. We had one of those houses where if Dad left in the morning and didn't get home until night time--he might trip over something that moved during the day. Of course my Dad never worked later that 2:30 pm in his whole life so that never happened.
Just when I was sitting on the bed feeling really proud of how clean and dust free our room is Bubba crawled under our bed. He came out covered in dust and with a bottle that must have been under there for months. That explains the smell. I guess I have to clean under the bed now. Its amazing how dirty it gets under there and how much stuff accumulates, considering we don't put anything under there on purpose.
Tonight is small group night too. So I have to clean the front rooms and cook chili and rice for 14. Yay! We are so beyond broke this week. Really re-thinking the whole treadmill purchase. But it is a good idea if we use it. If I use it. Getting ready to have a garage sale on TradeMe (like eBay). We have made an agreement not to purchase anything for 6 months to see if we can get ahead a little. I get so tired of not being able to save for a rainy day. We've always been really fortunate because somehow when we need it we have credit or money comes in from somewhere (tax refunds or gifts). But I really want to save money. I want to be the kind of parents that have college funds for the kids and retirements plans. DH has one, but I don't.
In other words, lots of work to do today while I try to keep my kids from climbing on the tables or crawling under beds. All the while trying to keep Mum's attitude under control. Had a bit of a blow-up this morning at DH. It came from nowhere. I was perfectly happy until I went into the kitchen and saw the huge mess from last night. I tried to talk him into helping me clean it like 4 times last night. So he had used our good pan (the egg pan--which we use every morning) to cook the meat in last night and didn't wash it. We were running late already because he had to take a shower and shave this morning (usually he does it at night) and he had to put out the trash (usually he does it at night). Since we were already running late he decided to clean out the car too. None of which should have really bothered me. Because all I can see now is the good stuff--he made dinner last night, he was taking out the trash, cleaning out the car, and cleaning himself. But for some reason this morning it really bugged. I said something. He said something really ugly back and there you have it.
I have got to work on correcting my attitude, because I think it sucks! I have been so afraid of being a doormat for so long now, that I have gone too far to the other side. DH and I have officially been married longer now than I was before. One would think I would be over it. This is my prayer, Lord.
The good news is we are all feeling better. I still have chest congestion and a sore ear, but I am just gonna live with it until it goes away. I think I just need to sweat it out. The kids seem a lot better today and in a big hurry to make up for lost time. Oh boy!
I tried to rest yesterday, but finally gave in and cleaned our room, including moving furniture. I can't help it. It's therapeutic. Whenever I am stressed I need to re-arrange the furniture. It helps me focus. It was something my mother always did and I guess I got it from her. We had one of those houses where if Dad left in the morning and didn't get home until night time--he might trip over something that moved during the day. Of course my Dad never worked later that 2:30 pm in his whole life so that never happened.
Just when I was sitting on the bed feeling really proud of how clean and dust free our room is Bubba crawled under our bed. He came out covered in dust and with a bottle that must have been under there for months. That explains the smell. I guess I have to clean under the bed now. Its amazing how dirty it gets under there and how much stuff accumulates, considering we don't put anything under there on purpose.
Tonight is small group night too. So I have to clean the front rooms and cook chili and rice for 14. Yay! We are so beyond broke this week. Really re-thinking the whole treadmill purchase. But it is a good idea if we use it. If I use it. Getting ready to have a garage sale on TradeMe (like eBay). We have made an agreement not to purchase anything for 6 months to see if we can get ahead a little. I get so tired of not being able to save for a rainy day. We've always been really fortunate because somehow when we need it we have credit or money comes in from somewhere (tax refunds or gifts). But I really want to save money. I want to be the kind of parents that have college funds for the kids and retirements plans. DH has one, but I don't.
In other words, lots of work to do today while I try to keep my kids from climbing on the tables or crawling under beds. All the while trying to keep Mum's attitude under control. Had a bit of a blow-up this morning at DH. It came from nowhere. I was perfectly happy until I went into the kitchen and saw the huge mess from last night. I tried to talk him into helping me clean it like 4 times last night. So he had used our good pan (the egg pan--which we use every morning) to cook the meat in last night and didn't wash it. We were running late already because he had to take a shower and shave this morning (usually he does it at night) and he had to put out the trash (usually he does it at night). Since we were already running late he decided to clean out the car too. None of which should have really bothered me. Because all I can see now is the good stuff--he made dinner last night, he was taking out the trash, cleaning out the car, and cleaning himself. But for some reason this morning it really bugged. I said something. He said something really ugly back and there you have it.
I have got to work on correcting my attitude, because I think it sucks! I have been so afraid of being a doormat for so long now, that I have gone too far to the other side. DH and I have officially been married longer now than I was before. One would think I would be over it. This is my prayer, Lord.
What is the adage about you can't fix it till you admit it? Sounds like you'rr more than 1/2 way there already. Glad everyone is feeling so much better.
ReplyDelete