Woke-up this morning still sick with this stupid cold! I hate it! Cupcake is still running a temp, but no other signs of cold. She coughs a little, but as of Thursday everything was clear (ears, chest, throat). Bubba is much better, thank goodness.
I have so much housework to do. Feeling a bit useless. Would love to rant about something going on at church, with DH's work, but I am trying to keep it all in perspective. It's really not that big of a deal. I think what surprises me most is that it still surprises me that sometimes churches do not act very church like. Still we have very little to complain about here.
Suppose I could complain about my 2.8 year old who has been on the naughty chair for the last 25 minutes. She threw a big patty and then turned over the ottoman. So she went right to the naughty chair. Now she refuses to apologize. When I ask her to apologize she roles her eyes at me. I would not want to take my blood pressure right now. I am trying to calm down and ignore her, which is why I have a chance to blog. UGH! Oh wait--she just snuck off the chair and crawled under the table. So I pick her up to put her back and she scratches me. Now she is back on the naughty chair and crying again. The will of a 2-3 year old is simply amazing. If only we could bottle it and sell it, it might be good for something.
Why is it when we pray for contentment and when we seek to simply give thanks for our many blessings we are distracted by so many annoyances? Sometimes I wish I didn't have any more lessons to learn from God--maybe then my life would be nothing but smooth sailing. Probably not. Maybe I should just come to expect the unexpected and to give thanks for everything we have been blessed with in spite of the distractions.
Happy Monday!
I have so much housework to do. Feeling a bit useless. Would love to rant about something going on at church, with DH's work, but I am trying to keep it all in perspective. It's really not that big of a deal. I think what surprises me most is that it still surprises me that sometimes churches do not act very church like. Still we have very little to complain about here.
Suppose I could complain about my 2.8 year old who has been on the naughty chair for the last 25 minutes. She threw a big patty and then turned over the ottoman. So she went right to the naughty chair. Now she refuses to apologize. When I ask her to apologize she roles her eyes at me. I would not want to take my blood pressure right now. I am trying to calm down and ignore her, which is why I have a chance to blog. UGH! Oh wait--she just snuck off the chair and crawled under the table. So I pick her up to put her back and she scratches me. Now she is back on the naughty chair and crying again. The will of a 2-3 year old is simply amazing. If only we could bottle it and sell it, it might be good for something.
Why is it when we pray for contentment and when we seek to simply give thanks for our many blessings we are distracted by so many annoyances? Sometimes I wish I didn't have any more lessons to learn from God--maybe then my life would be nothing but smooth sailing. Probably not. Maybe I should just come to expect the unexpected and to give thanks for everything we have been blessed with in spite of the distractions.
Happy Monday!
Is "a big patty" a NZ euphemism for a piece of poop? Because she surely didn't throw a burger...
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! It's a euphemism for a tantrum. I spelled it wrong--it should have been paddy. Which is apparently a "yorkshire saying meaning to get annoyed or have a tantrum."
ReplyDeleteOhhh... no, I really didn't know! I thought she was just really bein' evil that day lol...
ReplyDelete