Oh so tired of being sick with this stupid sinus infection. Guessing it's viral since I had ten days of Augmentin and nothing to show for it except a yeast infection. Now just trying fluids, vitamin C and OTC decongestant. That and trying to stay warm. We got our electric bill yesterday and it is up over $100 for last month. It must be the heaters. It's impossible to stay warm without them though. Some year I would like to be so organized, so prepared, that I am not surprised by the heating bill in the winter. Why do I always forget?
Yesterday was fun. I spent most of the day cleaning out closets for my online garage sale. The kids were so good to entertain themselves. When I finally finished about 3 pm I asked Cupcake if she wanted to play playdough. She said "Oh, yes!" I felt about 3 inches tall. So we all happily played for about an hour until we had an unexpected guest. My favourite unexpected guest--the church lady. Apparently she had told DH she was coming by, but he never tells me. You can imagine her surprise when I answered the door at 4 pm still in my PJs, hair a mess and no makeup. If it had been anyone else but her or the courier I would have been mortified.
She stayed for over an hour, into our dinner time, but it was a nice visit. She came to give us some good reports which is always nice. She carried on about how great our kids are and then I got the lecture on how Cupcake needs to start kindy soon so she will be ready for school later. Never mind we have had the whole homeschool convo with her many times. I honestly think she is just old and forgets, because sometimes she tells me the same story in a single visit.
What I don't understand is why I still allow her comments (or from others) to undermine my resolve? I immediately go "Oh, the church expects to me contribute more and I need to put the kids in day care and school, blah...blah...blah..." Why do I do that? What I believe is I honour God the most when I honour my family, then the church, etc. I believe, we believe, that homeschooling is best for our family--when I will I stop letting other people cause me to doubt? And I how do I get people to quit bugging me about it? I think I need to have a sit down with our friends who homeschool. They are one of the most well respected families around and no one ever questions their decision to homeschool. Maybe my friend can help me understand why that is.
Anyway--there you have it. Cold, but beautiful day. Still sick Mummy. Very good children! What more could I ask for?
Yesterday was fun. I spent most of the day cleaning out closets for my online garage sale. The kids were so good to entertain themselves. When I finally finished about 3 pm I asked Cupcake if she wanted to play playdough. She said "Oh, yes!" I felt about 3 inches tall. So we all happily played for about an hour until we had an unexpected guest. My favourite unexpected guest--the church lady. Apparently she had told DH she was coming by, but he never tells me. You can imagine her surprise when I answered the door at 4 pm still in my PJs, hair a mess and no makeup. If it had been anyone else but her or the courier I would have been mortified.
She stayed for over an hour, into our dinner time, but it was a nice visit. She came to give us some good reports which is always nice. She carried on about how great our kids are and then I got the lecture on how Cupcake needs to start kindy soon so she will be ready for school later. Never mind we have had the whole homeschool convo with her many times. I honestly think she is just old and forgets, because sometimes she tells me the same story in a single visit.
What I don't understand is why I still allow her comments (or from others) to undermine my resolve? I immediately go "Oh, the church expects to me contribute more and I need to put the kids in day care and school, blah...blah...blah..." Why do I do that? What I believe is I honour God the most when I honour my family, then the church, etc. I believe, we believe, that homeschooling is best for our family--when I will I stop letting other people cause me to doubt? And I how do I get people to quit bugging me about it? I think I need to have a sit down with our friends who homeschool. They are one of the most well respected families around and no one ever questions their decision to homeschool. Maybe my friend can help me understand why that is.
Anyway--there you have it. Cold, but beautiful day. Still sick Mummy. Very good children! What more could I ask for?
YOUR KID ISN'T EVEN FOUR YEARS OLD YET!!!! Arg. Ok.
ReplyDeleteDone shouting. It's a good thing it's you and not me in that situation because let's just say I wouldn't be so diplomatic.
Do NOT forget that these are YOUR children. You can put them in school if you like. You can keep them home if you like. You can teach them Mongolian yurt roof thatching if you like. You have people who are praying for you to be the best parent YOU can be.
I don't think your church friend is really that old if she remembers all the "good reports" she is sharing. This is the time to test your theory and ask her what happened to the $500 she owes you and see if she ponies it up. That would solve your heating bill woes, OR it would clue you in to the fact that she is just being manipulative. :)
Missed something but in agreeance with your kids are your kids. Is N.Z doing an Oz & starting kids in kindy at 3? Poor little badoodles! They're still babies.
ReplyDeleteHave done your very own post for little you about the island. ☺ Seemed the easiest way to answer your questions.