So, I was looking for synonyms for busy and tired. Guess what popped up in Google search. A whole wesbite dedicated to people who wish to remain child free. More specifically several pages worth of rants over a SAHM's FB post about being tired. It really made me laugh so I had to share it with you:
The Childfree Life: "You're Tired Really?" be sure to scroll through the pages of responses...
I have two things to say--
#1--It makes me wonder what people think about my FB posts.
#2--There is a good reason why many people should never have children.
I dreamed of being a SAHM all of my life. But I will be the first one to admit that I NEVER knew how completely exhausting it is. I have worked in the professional world and as a pastor. I hold a Bachelors, a Masters, and about 1/3 of a PhD--all of that was easier than being a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM). Sometimes I dream of going back to work just so that I can escape the kids and the house for 40 hours a week, but then I remember why I am doing this.
I/we (DH agrees) stay home with the children because I want to, because we don't want strangers raising our children, and because we feel they are our children and our responsibility. Not only do we have to keep them safe, fed, warm, and healthy--we have to turn them into responsible, functioning adults with a healthy self-esteem, a good work ethic, and a knowledge of who they are (whose they are--spiritually speaking). This is a big job. It requires thousands of hours doing ordinary tasks like changing diapers, washing clothes, cleaning house, cooking meals, menu planning, shopping, bathing babies, sorting clothes, chauffeuring, reading, talking, playing, cuddling, disciplining, managing, and teaching--and all of this on very little sleep with very little help from the outside world. Of course that's only true if none of your children have any special needs--wait until your baby is born with severe reflux and constipation--just feeding her becomes a full time job. Or your toddler develops some symptoms of ADHD or worse--creating a world where he is safe, structured, and encouraged is all consuming.
Oh, you want a life too--time with your husband, how dare you? According to the Childfree people you should have thought of that before you had kids. You mean you'd like to take a shower for the first time in 3 days, get out of the house without stains all over you, or (God forbid) paint your toe nails. You are simply asking too much! Never find time for friends (if you still have any), time to read a book, or that ever elusive date night. Sex? Umm...if he's lucky, twice a month. Poor DH.
Anyway, I was going to post about how busy I have been this week and how tired I am. But now I feel obligated to say instead--I love my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. My oldest turns 3 in a week and I can't believe my babies are growing up. I wish I had 6 more just like them!
The Childfree Life: "You're Tired Really?" be sure to scroll through the pages of responses...
I have two things to say--
#1--It makes me wonder what people think about my FB posts.
#2--There is a good reason why many people should never have children.
I dreamed of being a SAHM all of my life. But I will be the first one to admit that I NEVER knew how completely exhausting it is. I have worked in the professional world and as a pastor. I hold a Bachelors, a Masters, and about 1/3 of a PhD--all of that was easier than being a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM). Sometimes I dream of going back to work just so that I can escape the kids and the house for 40 hours a week, but then I remember why I am doing this.
I/we (DH agrees) stay home with the children because I want to, because we don't want strangers raising our children, and because we feel they are our children and our responsibility. Not only do we have to keep them safe, fed, warm, and healthy--we have to turn them into responsible, functioning adults with a healthy self-esteem, a good work ethic, and a knowledge of who they are (whose they are--spiritually speaking). This is a big job. It requires thousands of hours doing ordinary tasks like changing diapers, washing clothes, cleaning house, cooking meals, menu planning, shopping, bathing babies, sorting clothes, chauffeuring, reading, talking, playing, cuddling, disciplining, managing, and teaching--and all of this on very little sleep with very little help from the outside world. Of course that's only true if none of your children have any special needs--wait until your baby is born with severe reflux and constipation--just feeding her becomes a full time job. Or your toddler develops some symptoms of ADHD or worse--creating a world where he is safe, structured, and encouraged is all consuming.
Oh, you want a life too--time with your husband, how dare you? According to the Childfree people you should have thought of that before you had kids. You mean you'd like to take a shower for the first time in 3 days, get out of the house without stains all over you, or (God forbid) paint your toe nails. You are simply asking too much! Never find time for friends (if you still have any), time to read a book, or that ever elusive date night. Sex? Umm...if he's lucky, twice a month. Poor DH.
Anyway, I was going to post about how busy I have been this week and how tired I am. But now I feel obligated to say instead--I love my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. My oldest turns 3 in a week and I can't believe my babies are growing up. I wish I had 6 more just like them!
My youngest turns 15 in a few days. There isn't enough time left for all the loving still to squash in. Yeah your gonna be tired for years yet but when all's said & done only the love remains.
ReplyDelete