So, in NZ they sell these lovely coffees called Flat White. It is so yummy! I think it is like half strong black coffee and half milk, with a foam on top. I LOVE them. I don't get to have them much, because I am at home most days. But I got to have one yesterday--a big one in a bowl! Met a lady from church for coffee and it was so nice. This is a really sweet and precious lady that I love so much. We talked and talked and talked. She goes to a scrapbook thing once a week that I think I might go to as well--it's on our old street. That would be fun if I can get a sitter.
Then it was off to the car repair place. Our drivers side window broke suddenly. Not the glass, the mechanism that winds the window up and down. So it would just fall down all of a sudden. Not a very good thing in the middle of winter in Whanga-rainy (that's what we call it--wet, wet, wet!). So, there goes a good chunk of the money I have made this week on TradeMe. Oh well--glad we had it.
While the car was in the shop (half to take it back on Monday) I had a big walk around down town. That was fun. I finally found an kitchen timer I could afford. It is supposed to be good to use with kids. Like--you have 5 minutes to pick up your toys. And you set the timer. We'll see. Cupcake and Bubba may still be a bit young for that.
That was followed by the grocery store, which is always depressing. Especially since our GST (sales tax) just went up. We are supposed to get an income tax adjustment, since we are on the lowish end of the scale. But I am not sure we will notice the adjustment as much as we notice the tax hike. It's weird because the interest rates have gone up 2% here too, but our dollar is lower and our economy weaker than it was 2 years ago. Not sure if our National government knows what it's doing, but at least they are doing something I guess.
Luckily I had enough money after the car repair place and the grocery store to take Cupcake back to the chiropractor. We love our chiropractor. She is awesome!!! And Cupcake's constipation is so much better between that and Kiwi fruit juice (better than prune juice). She told me not to even try to potty train her until she has been regular for some time. Another friend told me that as well (Leslie), so I have given up that venture for the time being. At least she isn't in pre-school and there is pressure to get her going. I just want to save some money on diapers, but I would rather Cupcake get her little bowels sorted out first. Bless her heart. I wish we had thought of chiropracty sooner.
So, today (yesterday really) was a busy day. I am up in the middle of the night again, because Bubba is up. He woke-up at 2:15 with laughing. It is 3:48 am and he is still up. I don't go in there and their door is shut, but I can still hear him. Some nights, like tonight, it just makes it so hard for me to go back to sleep. I don't understand what this is or what to do about it. He is so tired during the day that I have trouble getting him to stay up until nap time after lunch. But then he wakes up like this every night. He slept all night only one night this week. I am wondering if keeping them up later at night would help. They still go to bed around 6-6:30 pm, but maybe 7-7:30 pm would be better. That would work too, because then we could do bath time every night even when it is really cold out (they would have time to dry). I don't do it every night now, because I hate to put them to bed with wet heads. I had thought of switching to morning baths, but it is such a good night time ritual. It really helps them sleep. The problem is we can't leave a heater in their room--so when they go to sleep their room is usually a bit cold. I am just trying to avoid anything that might risk sickness.
My blood sugar keeps coming down, which is a very good thing. Thank you to those who are praying. Keep it up! I have to see the obesity nazi--I mean the good doctor (the woman) at our GP's office on July 22. So, I want to have good numbers and to have lost some weight before then. At least I can tell her what I am doing that is right when I see her. I lost 2 kg this week. I wish it was more, but I'll take it.
I guess that's all for now. I am getting sleepy and probably not making any sense.
Then it was off to the car repair place. Our drivers side window broke suddenly. Not the glass, the mechanism that winds the window up and down. So it would just fall down all of a sudden. Not a very good thing in the middle of winter in Whanga-rainy (that's what we call it--wet, wet, wet!). So, there goes a good chunk of the money I have made this week on TradeMe. Oh well--glad we had it.
While the car was in the shop (half to take it back on Monday) I had a big walk around down town. That was fun. I finally found an kitchen timer I could afford. It is supposed to be good to use with kids. Like--you have 5 minutes to pick up your toys. And you set the timer. We'll see. Cupcake and Bubba may still be a bit young for that.
That was followed by the grocery store, which is always depressing. Especially since our GST (sales tax) just went up. We are supposed to get an income tax adjustment, since we are on the lowish end of the scale. But I am not sure we will notice the adjustment as much as we notice the tax hike. It's weird because the interest rates have gone up 2% here too, but our dollar is lower and our economy weaker than it was 2 years ago. Not sure if our National government knows what it's doing, but at least they are doing something I guess.
Luckily I had enough money after the car repair place and the grocery store to take Cupcake back to the chiropractor. We love our chiropractor. She is awesome!!! And Cupcake's constipation is so much better between that and Kiwi fruit juice (better than prune juice). She told me not to even try to potty train her until she has been regular for some time. Another friend told me that as well (Leslie), so I have given up that venture for the time being. At least she isn't in pre-school and there is pressure to get her going. I just want to save some money on diapers, but I would rather Cupcake get her little bowels sorted out first. Bless her heart. I wish we had thought of chiropracty sooner.
So, today (yesterday really) was a busy day. I am up in the middle of the night again, because Bubba is up. He woke-up at 2:15 with laughing. It is 3:48 am and he is still up. I don't go in there and their door is shut, but I can still hear him. Some nights, like tonight, it just makes it so hard for me to go back to sleep. I don't understand what this is or what to do about it. He is so tired during the day that I have trouble getting him to stay up until nap time after lunch. But then he wakes up like this every night. He slept all night only one night this week. I am wondering if keeping them up later at night would help. They still go to bed around 6-6:30 pm, but maybe 7-7:30 pm would be better. That would work too, because then we could do bath time every night even when it is really cold out (they would have time to dry). I don't do it every night now, because I hate to put them to bed with wet heads. I had thought of switching to morning baths, but it is such a good night time ritual. It really helps them sleep. The problem is we can't leave a heater in their room--so when they go to sleep their room is usually a bit cold. I am just trying to avoid anything that might risk sickness.
My blood sugar keeps coming down, which is a very good thing. Thank you to those who are praying. Keep it up! I have to see the obesity nazi--I mean the good doctor (the woman) at our GP's office on July 22. So, I want to have good numbers and to have lost some weight before then. At least I can tell her what I am doing that is right when I see her. I lost 2 kg this week. I wish it was more, but I'll take it.
I guess that's all for now. I am getting sleepy and probably not making any sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment