Thursday, July 1, 2010

True Woman | Shedding some Light on Twilight

True Woman | Shedding some Light on Twilight

This is a great article about the dangers of "Twilight" for young girls. It sparked a fight between some of my friends on FB (one posted it--one hated it), so I didn't re-post it on FB. But I did agree with it.

What was even more interesting was the debate it sparked in the comment section of the article. I especially loved the one from one mother who said "why should be encourage our children not to see any movie?" Duh. Seriously? Apparently in order to prepare my children for the world I should let them watch anything they like, whenever they like, blah...blah...blah...

I guess that's partly why we don't have television.

1 comment:

  1. Things do change a bit when you have teens. What is acceptable sheltering for a four-year-old is downright creepy when you do it to that degree to your almost 18-year-old or college-age child, and the boundaries DO get pushed.

    But that being said, I can't say this sort of obsession is something I would encourage. It wouldn't be something I would buy. I wouldn't watch it or borrow it from the library. If I objected strongly enough to it (as it sounds you do), it would go straight back to the store or library if my child brought it home.

    But is it ok to say I'd rather my daughter read it than flash her boobies at young men? Still in shock over the fact that girls are doing this to my son... arg...

    Elf and Emperor read Dracula with me. As in, the real Dracula. I only cut out the gynecological exam part when I read it with them, too. Emperor was sleeping with garlic for weeks. BUT I WILL NOT ALLOW RUGRATS IN MY HOUSE. lol

    I'm serious. Rugrats are not happening.

    ReplyDelete