The rest of this week has gone by so fast! Tomorrow we leave for our 10 day holiday. We don't have much planned except a lot of relaxing, a lot of walking, a lot of playing, and maybe Toy Story 3 with the kids. They have just discovered the older Toy Story movies this week and they love them!
This is our first family vacation alone--ever. We are so excited! We will have 5 days in Rotorua (about 5.5-6 hours south of us). Andy's birth mother lives there, but we are staying at a friends house. It's very luxurious. We can't believe they offered it to us. So we will see Mimi, but have lots of time for ourselves! Yay! Then we go to DH's parents for five days. That will be nice too.
The kids have been pretty well behaved the rest of this week. There has been a lot of prayer going on. Prayers for patience and calm for me--especially. Bubba has listened and slept. In fact he has slept all night three nights in a row. I am thrilled! All of a sudden I feel like I can do this again.
It's cold and this is supposed to be the coldest week of the year, so far, but that won't keep us from having fun! We are taking the kids push bikes with us, so we can do lots of walking! I just want to make this week as much about giving them quality time as possible. DH still has to work on his paper and I need to prepare for my Bible study which starts July 22, but there will be lots of time for that in the evenings. I'm also taking the cards so DH and I can brush-up on our Canasta! Yay! I'm not sure if we will have Internet for the first five days. So, if you don't hear from me, don't worry. I promise to take lots of pictures and to share them as soon as I can.
This is our first family vacation alone--ever. We are so excited! We will have 5 days in Rotorua (about 5.5-6 hours south of us). Andy's birth mother lives there, but we are staying at a friends house. It's very luxurious. We can't believe they offered it to us. So we will see Mimi, but have lots of time for ourselves! Yay! Then we go to DH's parents for five days. That will be nice too.
The kids have been pretty well behaved the rest of this week. There has been a lot of prayer going on. Prayers for patience and calm for me--especially. Bubba has listened and slept. In fact he has slept all night three nights in a row. I am thrilled! All of a sudden I feel like I can do this again.
It's cold and this is supposed to be the coldest week of the year, so far, but that won't keep us from having fun! We are taking the kids push bikes with us, so we can do lots of walking! I just want to make this week as much about giving them quality time as possible. DH still has to work on his paper and I need to prepare for my Bible study which starts July 22, but there will be lots of time for that in the evenings. I'm also taking the cards so DH and I can brush-up on our Canasta! Yay! I'm not sure if we will have Internet for the first five days. So, if you don't hear from me, don't worry. I promise to take lots of pictures and to share them as soon as I can.
Have a great trip! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! Sleep is good. So glad you're getting some. Someday I'll play canasta with you. I used to play years ago.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing what enough sleep will do as far as brightening our outlook on life...have a nice relaxing vacation....
ReplyDelete