Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So Much to Report


Bubba, after he banged up his on at our holiday house

Cupcake having her first pony ride--she loved it!


Fat Mummy leading the pony, who kept biting me!


Bubba did this today--all on his own!
He took the letters off the bed and lined them up,
in order, in his window.

So, we returned early from holiday. We came home on Friday instead of Sunday. We were having a great time, just not getting any sleep. Bubba's sleep totally disintegrated by the time we got to Nana and Poppas's house and he was waking several times a night, sometimes for hours, and keeping us all awake. DH wasn't getting any work done on his paper, so we packed it in early.

Since we got home I have separated the kids into their own rooms. That worked a trick. Bubba has slept two nights in a row, all night long. He is even sleeping until 7-7:30 am every morning. Cupcake on the other hand is waking earlier, like 6 am, but that is still doable when we have been able to sleep all night.

I am covered up to my eye balls in house work, getting ready for my Esther class to start tomorrow night, and sick hubby. He has a man cold, but is trying to get his paper done. The kids have been so good since we got home. That is always helpful.

I spent all day Sunday installing a dead bolt, up high, on the front door to keep Cupcake in the house. She is opening all the doors now. We child proofed the other doors in the house that we don't want her to open. Now I have to finish putting the safety latches on all the windows. I am rearranging her room so that none of her clothes are within reach. She empties the bottom rack in her closet and her drawers almost daily--she just wants to wear all of her clothes--all the time. So, we are putting some toys in her drawers and hanging all of her clothes on the top rack. I hope that solves the problem.

Still cleaning out closets and selling stuff on TradeMe. I have made some pretty good money that paid for our vacation and paid off a credit card bill. Not bad, but lots of work.

I don't know anything else--except I am still as fat as ever. I didn't lose or gain on holiday. I am working on losing again. I have to. So tired of this. Trying to menu plan and cook ahead of time so that I am not left at the end of a long day too tired to cook. Has anyone ever done those all day cook things where you cook all day on a Saturday and then fill up your freezer? Just wondering what to cook. I need to work on that.

Check out the last photo--Bubba did that this morning, all by himself. I was moving the decorations from his old room to his new room. I left his letters on the bed, out of order. He was in there about 5 minutes and he lined them up, in order, in his window. Weird? I had no idea a 25 mos old could do something like that. Kind of scary really--not sure I am smart enough to handle that.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I love the little pony! How cute!

    I know how exasperating the not losing thing is. Um, actually... I know that really well. I have gained a lot over the last few years, but nobody in their right mind would keep a blog ticker on THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever boy....you know the kids that are a handful or causer you to want to pull you hair out are the ones that are very very smart they just get bored

    ReplyDelete
  3. Award for you on my blog. ☺ Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete