Today has been an absolute crazy day. The kids played out on the deck all morning! They weather is gorgeous and they loved it. Nap time was late, not until 12 pm, and they were two tuckered little people. That's good though, because then we have nap time with no arguments.
Meanwhile, I have been working on organizing things that were sold on TradeMe--including Cupcake's bed and the changing table. Cleaning, sorting, and moving things into the garage. I'm also attacking that mountain of laundry in the garage. It's getting smaller as I speak. Unfortunately, we didn't sell as much as we would have liked, but it was good. It's always nice to have a clean out. This is my third one in as many months and I can't believe how much crap we had accumulated. Now that we have sold Bubba's crib and Cupcake's bed--they are sleeping in the twin beds we used for guest beds--we no longer have guest beds. That's kind of nice.
This way the in-laws will have to stay at our cousin's house when they come to visit. We can handle one guest at a time--like Tia or Granny. When my Mom comes she can sleep in Cupcake's room and Cupcake can sleep on an air mattress in Bubba's room. It works out perfectly. Without the changing table/drawers in her room she can't climb on them to turn her light on and off, or fall off and hurt herself. It's a win-win situation.
Okay, onto a more embarrassing topic. I was blow drying my hair yesterday--inspecting my highlights and thinking about how I need a touch-up, but can't afford it--when the unthinkable happened. I found a grey hair on my head! I almost died. I have found one before, on my forehead, but it never came back. Now I have three or four I can see on the crown of my head. And they are new, because they are shorter than the rest of my hair. I just can't believe it.
On a good day I feel about 25. I HATE the thought of having grey hair. I know its not really a good indicator of age, because my best friend has had it since she was about 18. But it really makes me feel old. Every time I try to make peace with aging something like this happens and I just can't deal with it. I know it's silly and vain, but I can't help it.
So, I am left trying to decide whether I need to go blonder again to cover my greyness. UGH! I blame the children. Just kidding. But seriously--wish I had the life I have now, only I really was 25. I wouldn't go back to when I was actually 25--that pretty much sucked. This all leaves me today--trying to count my blessings--name them one by one!
lol I'm sorry but seriously, count your blessings because you could have been like me. When I began going grey I got one long streak over my left eye, a bit like a skunk stripe, or Polgara's silver lock [if you have read the David Edding's books at all] & the kids declared it was very witch~like. *sigh* Yeah, can hardly tell now I cover. ☺
ReplyDeleteGla the fence is working out.
Um, the "unthinkable" is when your hair falls out and you are bald except for that one hair lol!! You look fine! :)
ReplyDelete