Once again trying to sell things we can live without so we can pay off debt we incurred while paying for doctor's visits and prescriptions. Yup--that's right. Just because we have socialized medicine, doesn't mean it's free. Not to mention all of the fast food we have eaten over the last three weeks when Mummy couldn't cook and Daddy was too tired.
The good news is we have heard from the Baptist Union that our church hasn't been following their recommended set-up for pastor's salaries. We have been paying twice as much tax! From now on the church will pay our housing cost directly, before taxes. This cuts our tax by half and increases our weekly allowance (tax credit) from work and income. Starting in September we will have an additional $688 a month! In March of next year we will be up to $787 more a month. Isn't that amazing?! I have been praying so hard for an extra $1000 a month. If we had this we could pay off all of our debt in about 18 mos and have so much more wiggle room each month. I thought this would only come from my working a few hours a week, but no, God had other plans. At least for now.
More good news is this...I have had to gather my transcripts and diplomas from my degrees so that I can be registered as a counselor here. My post grad (doctoral hours) transcripts were on hold because I owed them money. I was afraid it would be hundreds of US dollars that I couldn't pay. Nope. It was $12. Yay! I paid it. My transcripts are on the way. It appears that short of a bi-cultural class for NZ I have to take I can get registered as a Christian Counselor. This means I can work in Christian Counselling. My goal would be to do a few hours a week, just to get started. My hope is that it will be fit into my life as a Mum, homeschooler of toddler, etc. Now--don't get excited. I figure it will take about a year to get it all put together. I have no plans to start immediately. I am not adding more to my plate to overwhelm me--just looking toward the future and trying to be prepared.
Cupcake is feeling so much better this week. Her fever is gone. She is playing and being a stinker. I never thought I would be relieved to see a tantrum or to see a toddler making a face at me. I am. We have started her iron. And we got her referral to a pediatrician--sometime in 4 to 6 months (socialized medicine). Hoping, praying that she doesn't have 4 more seizures in the next 4-6 months like she has this year. Since we are going into the warmer months that is unlikely.
Not sure what else to add. Trying to find time again for blogging. I miss blogging and reading your blogs. Mostly I am just so glad to be feeling better. Thanking God for my precious family. BTW--the picture is from last week when we were still sickly. Cupcake had a temp and was grumpy (no shirt on). DH was trying to entertain the kids by giving piggy back rides. They love it! I love that they have a Daddy who will do that for them. I never did and I always wanted one.
Aw... yay! So glad things are going well, except for tiny Cupcake. That little girl has been in my prayers and I hope she is well over the spring while you are waiting.
ReplyDeleteI am glad everyone is on the up & up. ☺ Warmer weather on the way so that should lift everyone's spirits. Blessings. ♥
ReplyDelete