Monday, August 9, 2010

What a week

A week ago today I threw my back out. I was sick with the flu, caught from Cupcake, shared with Ian and DH. I was putting Cupcake to bed for a much needed nap and snap--my back froze up. I couldn't stand up straight and was in horrible pain. Not the first time this has happened to me. In fact this used to happen once or twice a year. But it hasn't happened like this in about 3 years, right before Cupcake was born.

So, I have spent the last week in bed with a sore back, doped up on codeine, and getting over the flu. We paid a lady from church to watch the kids Tuesday, Wed., and Thursday. By Thursday DH was quite sick with the flu, so he stayed home as well. He missed his Elder's retreat this weekend. On Saturday the left side of his face and neck swelled up. It looked horrible. I was really afraid that he had the swine flu. Had to send him off to the $55 a visit emergency clinic. They didn't think it was his glands, but rather a tooth probably acting up because of the virus/sinus stuff going on. So they gave him some antibiotics and good cough syrup. We missed church yesterday and he is staying home from a worship seminar in Auckland today, but I imagine he will be back at work tomorrow.

It has just been quite a week. I hate being sick. I hate feeling so unproductive. I feel like I have missed a week of my kid's lives that I will never get back. They have been so good this week. Bubba seems back to his old lovable, huggable self. Cupcake is talking more and more everyday and is turning into such a little girl. She even went to her first big girl ballet class on Friday thanks to her best friend Lilly and her Mom. They picked her up. She said the Lilly and Cupcake danced the whole time and didn't want to stop dancing until the next class started. Those two are a pair--it's so sweet.

Sorry for the lack of blogging. Struggling a bit with so much to do, so little money, and so little energy. Really feeling it as I have even been away from my normal time with God--so every little worry has crept back into my head where they seem so much bigger than they really are. Can't wait to get back to life as normal. Hopefully that will come very quickly this week.

The good news is--the materials for our fence have been ordered. They should be here this week. My clothes line (thanks to Granny) arrived last week and has been installed. I even managed a couple of loads yesterday, but it rained on them. Can't wait to have our fence where the kids and dog can run and play for hours each day. That is really exciting! The bonus is we will undoubtedly aggravate our nosey neighbour on several levels. Hee-hee!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you were sick, but not this badly. So sorry!! That stinks! I'm sure Bubba and Cupcake will be ok... maybe even appreciate Momma a bit. :)

    I know what you mean about not really praying well when you are ill... it just saps your brain of strength as well, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the sickness. Hope everyone is back on deck again shortly & feeling heaps better. ♥

    ReplyDelete