No news on the baby front. I am guessing in this case it is not "no news is good news." I think the birth mother has changed her mind. We need to say a prayer for that 14 year old child and her grandmother as they raise that baby girl. We're not giving up though. We still continue to pray and believe for a bigger family. If not, then we know God has something else amazing in mind.
Yesterday was a big day for me. I actually felt like cleaning. My back is still so sore, but I pushed through it and really got some things done. I cleaned all the walls and baseboards. Got down on my knees and scrubbed the kitchen and dining room floors. I cleaned all the window seals in the kitchen, dining room and lounge. I cleaned out the fridge. Did about 6 loads of laundry and put it all away. Then just generally cleaned up. I also managed to run all of the play food, play dishes, and bath toys through the dishwasher. And we had small group last night. Not bad.
The only thing left to clean is our room. It is a GIANT MESS!
Yes, the in-laws are coming over today. I always clean my fridge for my MIL and she always notices. She will say, "did you clean your fridge out because your mother-in-law was coming over?" I will say, "yes, I did." Then she will say, "good girl." It's pretty funny really.
Knock wood--the kids are both healthy at the moment. Playing in the play room with their new to them (and clean) kitchen toys. So looking forward to sunny days in spring and then the warm (HOT) months of summer. Hopefully we will all have a chance to be well for a while.
I have the dreaded doctor's appt tomorrow. The one I have been avoiding for months. I am praying that God will bind her mouth shut so that I don't have to endure the whole fat lecture from the doctor who has never had a weight problem and asks stupid questions like, "why is it hard--you just eat less." Pray for me. I am going to ask for progesterone, which is what I take when my periods get really off. I am so afraid she is going to say something like "menopause" which will really throw me--I think. I don't believe that. I don't have any symptoms. Just my regular PCOS irregularity and I am not doing birth control pills--although that is easier for getting my cycle straightened out. I just don't want all of the extra hormones and I don't really believe in birth control pills. God forbid I would be able to see a gynecologist here. It will probably take 6 months to get an appointment.
Did I mention I made new curtains day before yesterday? I did. It nearly killed my back--all that bending over the ironing board. But I did it. Just for the lounge. I have more to make for the kid's rooms. Maybe next week after the in-laws leave.
That's all for now. I'm still here. Still waiting on the Lord for His will to be unfolded. Still worshipping. Still praying. Still hoping for a miracle. I've had so many in my life--healing from cancer in 1999 and then DH, Cupcake and Bubba. Dare I ask for more? I think so.
**Update**--just heard that the birth mother has for sure changed her mind. Bless her heart. Aged 14 and parenting a 3 week old baby girl virtually on her own.
Yesterday was a big day for me. I actually felt like cleaning. My back is still so sore, but I pushed through it and really got some things done. I cleaned all the walls and baseboards. Got down on my knees and scrubbed the kitchen and dining room floors. I cleaned all the window seals in the kitchen, dining room and lounge. I cleaned out the fridge. Did about 6 loads of laundry and put it all away. Then just generally cleaned up. I also managed to run all of the play food, play dishes, and bath toys through the dishwasher. And we had small group last night. Not bad.
The only thing left to clean is our room. It is a GIANT MESS!
Yes, the in-laws are coming over today. I always clean my fridge for my MIL and she always notices. She will say, "did you clean your fridge out because your mother-in-law was coming over?" I will say, "yes, I did." Then she will say, "good girl." It's pretty funny really.
Knock wood--the kids are both healthy at the moment. Playing in the play room with their new to them (and clean) kitchen toys. So looking forward to sunny days in spring and then the warm (HOT) months of summer. Hopefully we will all have a chance to be well for a while.
I have the dreaded doctor's appt tomorrow. The one I have been avoiding for months. I am praying that God will bind her mouth shut so that I don't have to endure the whole fat lecture from the doctor who has never had a weight problem and asks stupid questions like, "why is it hard--you just eat less." Pray for me. I am going to ask for progesterone, which is what I take when my periods get really off. I am so afraid she is going to say something like "menopause" which will really throw me--I think. I don't believe that. I don't have any symptoms. Just my regular PCOS irregularity and I am not doing birth control pills--although that is easier for getting my cycle straightened out. I just don't want all of the extra hormones and I don't really believe in birth control pills. God forbid I would be able to see a gynecologist here. It will probably take 6 months to get an appointment.
Did I mention I made new curtains day before yesterday? I did. It nearly killed my back--all that bending over the ironing board. But I did it. Just for the lounge. I have more to make for the kid's rooms. Maybe next week after the in-laws leave.
That's all for now. I'm still here. Still waiting on the Lord for His will to be unfolded. Still worshipping. Still praying. Still hoping for a miracle. I've had so many in my life--healing from cancer in 1999 and then DH, Cupcake and Bubba. Dare I ask for more? I think so.
**Update**--just heard that the birth mother has for sure changed her mind. Bless her heart. Aged 14 and parenting a 3 week old baby girl virtually on her own.
I have been praying for you and wishing I had something to say other than "I'm so sorry." My heart just hurts for you.
ReplyDeletePraying for u guys....may the Lords will be done
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry ......sorry xx
So sorry about the baby.
ReplyDeleteCan you not change drs & get one a little more sympatico? I hate someone who keeps telling you what is so hard for you is actually really easy. Much they know!
Oh, & I have a blog link for you ~ another American living Down Under. She's in Sydney, Australia, but I thought you might enjoy.
http://matrondownunder.blogspot.com/2010/09/discuss_8703.html