Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday

So, the doctor's visit went well. She was actually very nice. It was quite funny. I had been praying for days that she would keep her opinions to herself. And she did! Not only that but she told me about her new boyfriend and talked about her life for like 20 minutes. Then I went to the lab and had my blood work done. She called last night to give me the results. My blood sugar was slightly elevated, not by US standards, but my NZ standards. So I have to have a two hour blood sugar test. Yay. Had one years ago. Oh well. Anyway, she was very nice even about the results. Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

The in-laws have been here this week. It's been good. DH launched a new young adult ministry Thursday night and that went really well. I baked some killer savory (Mexican corn) muffins and some big "Texas" size chocolate muffins with white chocolate frosting. Everyone loved them! But after all that baking my back locked up so no Esther class for me on Thursday. Sad.

Today we are getting ready to go eat lunch with the in-laws, hoping it doesn't rain. The back part of our fence is all up. The kids love it! The front will be done next week--yay!

I guess that's about all for now. Have some philosophical things I've been thinking of, but no time to post this morning.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for prayer! Glad things are going well for you just now. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahh... That is a *wonderful* answer to prayer. Guess God gets to coast for a little bit after that one. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete