These photos are actually from last weekend. The kids had so much fun picking "flowers" in our back yard. Mostly their bunches were grass (or a weed that closely resembles grass), with a few flowery weeds, and a dandelion with all its thingies blown off. It was so much fun. We have used our new, safely fenced, back yard almost everyday. They love it!
Today I was determined to have a nice and relaxing Saturday. And we did! We didn't get up too early, took our time with breakfast, and were out the door by 10 am for a walk in the park followed by a long play on the play ground. It was loads of fun, but nearly killed me.
I discovered today that I now weigh 43 lbs more than I did a mere 15 months ago. That is really scary! The walk in the park--it's more of a 2k hike up and down trails--is the one we used to do all of the time. I could barely do it today, even with resting. I actually felt faint several times. It was scary. Then by the time we got home, after playing in the park, I was so tired and sore I had to go to bed. We all did, actually, DH and I napped while the kids did.
I don't know if my eating is really that out of control, maybe it is. I'm still not convinced that my doctor messing with my thyroid dosage (I don't have a thyroid at all) hasn't contributed to the weight gain. I know I haven't exercised in any real or consistent way since we moved out here a year ago. I think I was sufficiently scared into action today. I came home and joined WW. That has always been the most effective way of losing weight for us. Then we get tight and quit because we think we can't afford it. We can't, not really. But we can't afford to be so fat either. I say we--DH still weights a good 40 lbs more than I do and he is about 2 inches shorter (just don't point that out to him).
Anyway, other than the weighing myself part--today was an excellent day! Glorious even. I wish I could duplicate it and live it over and over again when I need to. Staying home from church tomorrow--Bubba has pink eye. Oh well, another chance for a nice day in the sunshine.
Today I was determined to have a nice and relaxing Saturday. And we did! We didn't get up too early, took our time with breakfast, and were out the door by 10 am for a walk in the park followed by a long play on the play ground. It was loads of fun, but nearly killed me.
I discovered today that I now weigh 43 lbs more than I did a mere 15 months ago. That is really scary! The walk in the park--it's more of a 2k hike up and down trails--is the one we used to do all of the time. I could barely do it today, even with resting. I actually felt faint several times. It was scary. Then by the time we got home, after playing in the park, I was so tired and sore I had to go to bed. We all did, actually, DH and I napped while the kids did.
I don't know if my eating is really that out of control, maybe it is. I'm still not convinced that my doctor messing with my thyroid dosage (I don't have a thyroid at all) hasn't contributed to the weight gain. I know I haven't exercised in any real or consistent way since we moved out here a year ago. I think I was sufficiently scared into action today. I came home and joined WW. That has always been the most effective way of losing weight for us. Then we get tight and quit because we think we can't afford it. We can't, not really. But we can't afford to be so fat either. I say we--DH still weights a good 40 lbs more than I do and he is about 2 inches shorter (just don't point that out to him).
Anyway, other than the weighing myself part--today was an excellent day! Glorious even. I wish I could duplicate it and live it over and over again when I need to. Staying home from church tomorrow--Bubba has pink eye. Oh well, another chance for a nice day in the sunshine.
Your children really look biologically related to one another. They are so beautiful, Bonnie! It made me smile to see those two fluffy little heads out in the sunshine. I hope Bubba feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteBonnie:
ReplyDeleteHere is the link:
http://patmosvison.blogspot.com/
Sorry not to be visiting around much. This is just a little time consumming but I should have my chat on Hosea & Gomer up tonight. I am actually shocked how many people have asked for the link but nice to have friends who know what a dork I am already visiting. Moral support, what. ☺ OH, this is me, Ganeida. sorry, logged in elsewhere. Working on the message. lol