Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yay for Aunties!

The kid's have just left to go spend the morning at their Auntie Jan's house. Auntie Jan is married to Uncle Dave, who is technically their third cousin. He and DH's Dad are first cousins. They are a lovely couple from our church. Dave is 70 and Jan is 64. Parents of 7 and grandparents of 12 or 14, not really sure.

Anyway, Mummy is free to do whatever she likes this morning. I am so tempted to go back to bed. But the purpose of this kid free time was to get my house clean. Like my bedroom and bathroom that never get really clean. I could go lay on a blanket outside and read a good book, but then I would probably be attacked by sand flies and wouldn't get any work done.

It's funny how I look forward to some time alone and then as soon as the kids are gone I feel like my heart has been ripped out. My constant companions are gone. The house is too quiet. No one wants to cuddle. Nobody needs me. So glad we are going to homeschool, because I couldn't stand to see them leave everyday. I would miss them too much.

Here's to a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment