Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Singingly Happy

Having one of those euphoric days where I just feel surrounded by God. Don't you just love those days? I don't know why I am having one of those days today, but I'll take it. Maybe it is your prayers. So, thank you for the prayers.

I made the call today to our local social worker. She was nice. She sounded a little hesitant like "I get 100 of these calls a day" kind of hesitant. But I talked to her anyway and got the details. She is going to send me all of the information. Sadly, we have just missed the cutoff for the current information session. So we will have to wait for the first one next year. They don't know when that will be scheduled. Trying to be patient with the knowledge that in NZ everything closes down from December through to February, because it's summer and Christmas. That's fine. I can't wait. Do you know why? Because I know it is all in God's timing!

My appointment with the counselling supervisor was cancelled yesterday. She hurt her knee yesterday. So we have rescheduled for next Monday morning. That was fine. Instead I was able to spend a couple of hours out on my own. It was nice.

The kid's still have colds. Cupcake spiked a fever last night, which is always a bit scary. I stripped her clothes off and started with cool drinks and fever reducing meds. She was better by bed time. Then woke-up with a fever again this morning. We did meds again and she was better by nap time. Poor things. They are both so stuffy. I hate to see their little runny noses.

Trying hard to keep rested and well enough for small group tonight. Also need to get the house cleaned up.

I feel as if I am having one of those moments in life when I am really seeking after God and finding rest in Him. I know that happy times don't last and that soon something will come up that makes me worried or sad or worse, but what I hope is that each time I face those things I will do it with the grace and peace of God. It's a process.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Cupcake. Hardly know what to think of what you are going through, but glad for the joyful moments. :)

    ReplyDelete