Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas came to our house early





We had our family Christmas this morning, since we will be travelling in the morning down south to DH's family's house. The kids didn't really understand yesterday that we were doing "Christmas" today, but they were sure excited to see the presents this morning. Thanks to Granny we didn't have to buy any presents for the kids this year. She sent loads of like new, hand-me-down, toys. Then my sister and our Tia sent some presents. It was so nice to see them open loads of gifts and know it didn't cost us a thing. Woo hoo!

DH felt bad because they only thing I have to open with the cute kitchen things I bought last week and had the girl wrap for me. I didn't mind. I did get my new make-up last week and that cost more than his books even. So, I don't feel cheated a bit. Plus I may do some shopping next week while we are in the big city at the after Christmas sales. I could do with a few cheap items for summer clothes.

The denim drawstring backpacks pictured are what I made for our nephews. I had the denim and thought, "Oh I will make them backpacks and it won't cost a thing." Well, $42 later we have three "free" drawstring backpacks. That was for fabric paint, cord, and lining fabric. I think they turned out pretty well. I hope the boys like them. I figure even if they just use them to keep stuff in at home, that is good enough. Plus they are flat and light and easy to pack for the trip back home to Ireland. They also got CDs they wanted.

Today I had a meeting with my first bona fide counselling client in NZ. I was thrilled. Then I had physio for my back. Then the store, the library and the grocery store. UGH! I left at 9:30 and didn't get home until 2:30. It is hotter than you know what here and I am so tired. The kids are pink cheeked and tired. There is no way they are going to make it to church tonight. Just as well, I have a TON of stuff to get done and packed tonight so we can leave in the morning. I will need a nap when we get there. Pray that I remember to put sunscreen on tomorrow so I don't burn up my arms on the way down tomorrow. No air conditioning in our car and lots of bright sun makes for a long, hot 5 hour drive.

I hope that you all have a very blessed and happy Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well! Those are some expensive free packs you have there, but they ARE very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete