Or the Conners (Roseanne) or the Sanfords (Sanford and Son) or any other name you can think of from television history that might be loosely associated with neighbours who are a "nuisance." Yup. We are officially now the parents of "nuisance" children.
Our lovely neighbour and head/founder of the neighbourhood watch has blessed us with one of her infamous emails today. First off the mark is our dog pooping in her yard. Our dog weighs about 3 lbs and its hard for me to believe she could even see the tiny poops to pick them up, but apparently that has been a "serious" problem. Fair enough--we knew she was escaping our yard and had just this weekend taken steps to chicken wire around our house to keep her from escaping by crawling under the house. If the email had ended there I would have been okay.
But it didn't.
It went on to declare that they can hear "all the loud shots, conversations and encouragements from you both, and most of all the out of control high pitched screams of the children." Not only that, but especially on the weekends and early morning hours we are a "nuisance to us and the people living around you."
Seriously.
I was really okay about the dog. Even though I already seriously dislike this woman (I would say hate, but I try not to hate) and the way she tries to be the manners police for the neighbourhood. I could even sort of understand the "loud"ness of our house sometimes, except that it is summer and we all live with our windows open in the summer. But she makes statements that imply my children are out of control and a nuisance I take serious exception with that. In fact I feel as if it borders on slander. If we were in America I would be tempted to call my attorney.
What a lovely day. This woman is the reason that the pastor who built this house (as the church manse) moved--because he couldn't stand to live next to her with his 6 kids. Can you imagine? We only have 2 kids and one teeny tiny dog.
Only 22 more months left on our lease. Yay!
I just don't understand why some people are so rude and so mean. How difficult is it really to be nice to a neighbour? It's not as if she has to see us much or as if we have domestics in the front yard. We put up with our other neighbour working on his race car (revving and exhaust) at all hours of the early morning on race days. We put up with the constant flow of tenants from the complaining neighbours flat--even when they illegally rented it to (an efficiency unit) to a large Indian family. We even put up with her planting on our property (the other side of our fence, where we left a small space between her place and ours since she was already complaining about the fence and had overbuilt her section).
Me thinks she should have built her house in a specially designed neighbourhood for white people with no children, who all own their own houses--since she hates brown people, kids, and renters. Sigh...I'm finished complaining...
Our lovely neighbour and head/founder of the neighbourhood watch has blessed us with one of her infamous emails today. First off the mark is our dog pooping in her yard. Our dog weighs about 3 lbs and its hard for me to believe she could even see the tiny poops to pick them up, but apparently that has been a "serious" problem. Fair enough--we knew she was escaping our yard and had just this weekend taken steps to chicken wire around our house to keep her from escaping by crawling under the house. If the email had ended there I would have been okay.
But it didn't.
It went on to declare that they can hear "all the loud shots, conversations and encouragements from you both, and most of all the out of control high pitched screams of the children." Not only that, but especially on the weekends and early morning hours we are a "nuisance to us and the people living around you."
Seriously.
I was really okay about the dog. Even though I already seriously dislike this woman (I would say hate, but I try not to hate) and the way she tries to be the manners police for the neighbourhood. I could even sort of understand the "loud"ness of our house sometimes, except that it is summer and we all live with our windows open in the summer. But she makes statements that imply my children are out of control and a nuisance I take serious exception with that. In fact I feel as if it borders on slander. If we were in America I would be tempted to call my attorney.
What a lovely day. This woman is the reason that the pastor who built this house (as the church manse) moved--because he couldn't stand to live next to her with his 6 kids. Can you imagine? We only have 2 kids and one teeny tiny dog.
Only 22 more months left on our lease. Yay!
I just don't understand why some people are so rude and so mean. How difficult is it really to be nice to a neighbour? It's not as if she has to see us much or as if we have domestics in the front yard. We put up with our other neighbour working on his race car (revving and exhaust) at all hours of the early morning on race days. We put up with the constant flow of tenants from the complaining neighbours flat--even when they illegally rented it to (an efficiency unit) to a large Indian family. We even put up with her planting on our property (the other side of our fence, where we left a small space between her place and ours since she was already complaining about the fence and had overbuilt her section).
Me thinks she should have built her house in a specially designed neighbourhood for white people with no children, who all own their own houses--since she hates brown people, kids, and renters. Sigh...I'm finished complaining...
BONNIEEEEEE... you took the words right out of my mouth. I usually don't play the race card, but I'm telling you, not even HALFWAY THROUGH your note I had her pegged. She doesn't like loud kids and she most certainly doesn't want black children around her neighbourhood. UGH!!! I'm so sorry... what a pig.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking it's time just to forget the dog poop and not answer the email. I'm thinking you don't like our loudness? What-everrrr. Let it be water off a duck's back and *relish* the thought that it bugs her no end. File under "chick is not worth your time."
PS. I'm thinking a clothesline for soiled cloth nappies is in order. Only think of the money you would save if you laundered these and hung 'em out to dry bwaaaaa ha!
You know I completely missed your kids are a little different. Oops. Silly me. Why don't you block her e~mails? That's one less way she can bug you. Block her on your phone too. Don't even open mail from her. There are words for women like her but they're not nice & my daughters say I'm not allowed to use them. ;)
ReplyDeleteLiving urbanely means sharing your space with others. She needs to get over it & you need to totally ignore this psychopath.
Man, I can't imagine what would happen if WE lived next door to her. Haha! She would go insane! I think SHE would move. It is SO loud around my house in the summer time. My neighbors are amazing people to never say anything. My kids are screaming and laughing while jumping on trampoline or because of arguing. Or just trying to shout information across the yard. That lady would faint.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about her. Phooey.