Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Morning Lull

It's nap time at our house. Bubba is asleep. Cupcake is having a rest. She rarely naps these days, but so needs to. I can't seem to convince her that come 5 pm she will feel so much better if she has a nap earlier. Oh well. It gives me time for a cup of coffee and toast with nutella.

DH is off on a funeral visit. This poor family. Last week was the funeral of "Sue." Sue was married to "George." George has been angry with the "church" and pastors for many years. His daughter, "Brenda" called DH to let him know her Mom was dying. But that George didn't want any pastors coming to visit. In fact he didn't want anyone from church coming to visit. So, DH didn't go. When Sue died the family asked their neighbour and a church member to do the service. DH was planning to go just to show support. Then he got a call from the church member to say, "Barney" (Brenda's husband) has asked me to call you and ask you please not to come to the service. It was strange. We didn't know if Barney had a problem with DH or what was happening. We chalked it up to weirdness and just prayed for the family.

Well, this week we get a call that George's mother, "Eleanore," is dying. She's in the hospital. This call came from Barney. He's asking would you please go visit her. So off DH went. He prayed with the comatose Eleanore. Yesterday we heard that Eleanore had passed and the funeral would be next week. DH called and asked Barney if their was anything he could do--no...not right now, thanks anyway. Today we get a call from Barney and they want DH to come out--they want him to do Eleanore's funeral. Hmph.

Poor DH. He's never done a funeral. My mother, who would help even from Texas, is traveling in Israel at the moment. And our senior pastor is on summer holiday. Not only will this be his first funeral, but it's a strange family with lots of hostility toward the church. I guess George is not so picky about pastors coming around for his mother's death, than he was for his wife's death, or maybe just the huge stress of losing two family members in such a short time is enough to cause him to seek out help. Who knows? If you get a chance--please pray for the family and for DH.

We're supposed to go to a wedding today at 2 pm. I'm not sure if we will make it because of the funeral business. But just in case--I put the kids down for their naps an hour early. The mother of the bride made us promise to bring the kids. I don't know if she realizes what she's in for. Ha! Cupcake will love it, but not sure that it's Bubba's cup of tea.

No new news from Mrs. Kravitz. I must tell you though--some funny things have happened. I did get lots of good advice from friends and family around the world. DH's sister told me to start a home day care. Well, our child care lady is in the process of moving house. So she wants to use our house next week for child care. That is too funny! That means two extra kids at our house!! Thank you, Lord.

Then another friend told me to block Mrs. Kravitz's emails and her phone number. Done. I feel better already!

Then another friend told me to hang out our dirty nappies. Well, we don't do cloth nappies. But I figured our less than pretty underwear was equally as unattractive to look at. So today, as I did 4 loads of laundry, I made sure to hang all of our underwear on her side of the clothesline. I hope she enjoys the view. It's the little pleasures in life that count. ;-)

Not much else to report. My counselling is going well--with my one client. I have supervision on Monday and can't wait! Our diet is going well. We find that eating low glycemic index foods is so easy. They are more filling and you don't have to count anything. We did have date night on Thursday night and I had a beer, then Irish coffee, and half of a chocolate dessert. Well, there was a slight increase on the scales the next day--but it's gone now. I am pretty sure I will meet my 1 kg loss for the week. Which will mean I am still 1 kg ahead of my goal for the year so far. Yay!

The spending thing is going well. But I am struggling a bit with keeping the cost of groceries down. I think in part because I haven't done a real menu plan yet. I will work on that this week.

Okay--off to hang up some more underwear outside. Hee...hee...hee...

2 comments:

  1. OH MY OH MYYYYY!!! I am laughing my head off. I *DO* wish you would document these happenings for the full-colour coffee table book you will author later. :)

    Day care! Used underwear! LOL... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee.

    Should I now tell you I am the proud mother who scared of entire busloads of potential landowners? I often had 10 at our place ranging from just walking to about 6. Strangers were such a novelty they'd swarm home to see the busload disembark. People would start counting heads before they even got off the bus, eye the triple line of nappies, the 2 large hairy dogs [the dally used to smile at everyone & scare them witless] the battered car & semi naked children caked in mud & decide living next to Dennis the Menace would be safer than moving in anywhere near us! lol I live with experts in the *terrorise your neighbour* game!

    ReplyDelete