So, one week into our lose 1 kg a week goal for 2011--I have lost exactly 2 kg and DH lost 1.8! Yay! It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard. We even had carefully selected fast food one day (before I did our fast food calculations and decided we won't be doing that as much this year). Anyway, I don't want to carry on too much, because I know it will get harder as the year moves along.
Starting this week with our new budget plan--which means lots more meal planning, less shopping, more making do, and hopefully more saving. I was really shocked by how much we spend at the grocery store or the discount store where we sometimes by stock items. Of course that includes all of our personal items and baby items. We have cut our nappy budget from about $200 a month to about $80 which helps a lot. And we are already saving big on our milk by buying powdered milk. It will be a welcome relief when I can get Cupcake potty trained and then Bubba.
If anyone has any tips on how to toilet train a child who is chronically constipated--they would be welcome. She was born this way. They kept us an extra day at the hospital with her because she hadn't pooped. It's been a struggle ever since. At the moment she is drinking a mixture of fresh kiwi fruit juice and water, then I add 1 tsp of fiber to her milk once a day. She has been on lactulose since she was a tiny baby (about 6 months old) and I am trying to really move away from that. She does eat a good amount of fiber, but her fruit intake could be better. She is really funny about textures and so will only eat apples and bananas. Our vegetables are just as limited unless I hide them in things like spaghetti sauce. Anyway--this is what has majorly delayed her toilet training. When we have some success with wees in the potty she gets totally plugged up and doesn't poo again until I give her a suppository. I am praying about it and planning to mention it at our coveted pediatrician appointment next week.
We had a nice cool night last night. Which makes me feel invigorated. I want to clean the whole house today. We'll see how far I get. I keep thinking if I make a list of chores and mark them off each day that it might help. We do fairly well, but all it takes is one or two days of getting off before our whole house is a mess again. When you live with the doors and windows open all the times it's important to keep up with things or the bug population in your house increases. Plus keeping up with it just makes my life easier in the long run.
Anyway--sorry, I feel like a broken record. All I ever talk about is chores, weight, kids, and money. There is more to my life--some where.
Starting this week with our new budget plan--which means lots more meal planning, less shopping, more making do, and hopefully more saving. I was really shocked by how much we spend at the grocery store or the discount store where we sometimes by stock items. Of course that includes all of our personal items and baby items. We have cut our nappy budget from about $200 a month to about $80 which helps a lot. And we are already saving big on our milk by buying powdered milk. It will be a welcome relief when I can get Cupcake potty trained and then Bubba.
If anyone has any tips on how to toilet train a child who is chronically constipated--they would be welcome. She was born this way. They kept us an extra day at the hospital with her because she hadn't pooped. It's been a struggle ever since. At the moment she is drinking a mixture of fresh kiwi fruit juice and water, then I add 1 tsp of fiber to her milk once a day. She has been on lactulose since she was a tiny baby (about 6 months old) and I am trying to really move away from that. She does eat a good amount of fiber, but her fruit intake could be better. She is really funny about textures and so will only eat apples and bananas. Our vegetables are just as limited unless I hide them in things like spaghetti sauce. Anyway--this is what has majorly delayed her toilet training. When we have some success with wees in the potty she gets totally plugged up and doesn't poo again until I give her a suppository. I am praying about it and planning to mention it at our coveted pediatrician appointment next week.
We had a nice cool night last night. Which makes me feel invigorated. I want to clean the whole house today. We'll see how far I get. I keep thinking if I make a list of chores and mark them off each day that it might help. We do fairly well, but all it takes is one or two days of getting off before our whole house is a mess again. When you live with the doors and windows open all the times it's important to keep up with things or the bug population in your house increases. Plus keeping up with it just makes my life easier in the long run.
Anyway--sorry, I feel like a broken record. All I ever talk about is chores, weight, kids, and money. There is more to my life--some where.
In those times one of our infants was constipated, we were told to try some dark Karo syrup in the bottle - one large spoonful 2x/day. I don't know if it's ok to use all the time or if it is available there, but just fyi in case you want to run it by your doctor.
ReplyDeleteIt's summer, so have you considered letting Cupcake wander about with underwear so she feels when she is wet? IMO WET training is different from poop, and if you get WET down, you can save a bundle on diapers even if your child is not fully trained.
PS do they have pull-ups there?