Saturday, January 8, 2011

Second and Third Thoughts

The closer we get to the 17th--child care starts--the more I think, "AAAAAAHH--not sure I can leave my babies!" Then I think about working 16 hours a week and think, "I don't want to leave my babies!" Oh Lord, please show me the way.

I worked on our budget more last night and spent a great deal of time looking at what we actually spent last year. If we are successful in our no buy year we would save $3600 and that is just what we bought on our debit card, not including cash or credit (like the computer, the TV, the washing machine, and the steam cleaner--all things we needed and won't need to replace for a long time). Then I figured out we spent about that much on eating out last year. Scary! Not to mention how much we overspent on our grocery budget. It's no wonder we are so fat!

If we don't over spend and stick to our budget--we should be a position to save $200-$400 a month by April or May. That's a lot, for us.

Working appeals to me because if I work for two years then we can be totally debt free, save money for a down payment on a house, and fund a trip home in 2012. Then there is the professional satisfaction I would have (I hope). The problem is I never really want to leave home. I don't want to send my kids away. I just want to devour every second of every day I get to spend with them, especially when they are still little. It's so hard.

I know that I have already prayed about this a lot, but suddenly I feel as if I should pray about it a lot more.

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) of support for whatever you decide. I know you are putting God and your family first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does God say? Hugs. I've done it both ways. Sometimes none of our choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete