This has been such a busy week! Seeing clients, Bible studies, meetings, doctors appointments, taking Mom out, dinner with friends, and attending our first training for adoption/foster care in NZ. Tomorrow is a book party for Mom's new book and I am up at 3:30 am baking. UGH!
We completed our first information session or training for adoption. It was very good. We learned lots about adopting here. Everything was very positive. We took our application home that day (Monday) and got it all finished and submitted yesterday (Friday). Our next training day is March 15. There are three days in total (not including the first information session). We should be able to complete them all in about 6 weeks. Thursday we saw our doctor for the medical reports and they were very positive. She said we were exceptional parents. Wasn't that nice? It's pretty exciting. We asked Cupcake if she wanted another baby. She said, "yes." Then we asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister and she said, "yes, a sister or a brother." Too cute!
Still struggling a bit with all of the family stuff that I have to live with when my Mom is here. It's not my Mom so much as it is what she brings with her. I love my family, but I am so glad that I don't live in the middle of all of their stuff. DH has managed to take his help and input into family life to a new low while Mom is here. We had three bags of trash piled up in the kitchen before I finally had to nag him into taking it out. Not sure what is up with that--except that he looks for any excuse not to help. Then complains about being tired all of the time. I just want to smack him!
Trying not to watch the news. The earthquake is just too depressing. Everyone we know and love in Christchurch was fine. We do know someone who lost a son. It seems like everyone knows someone who lost someone. Hoping that creative ways are found to help our economy this year as we deal with the recovery. It just doesn't seem as if we can take one more hit to the wallet. Gas is already up to $2.07 a litre.
The weather had cooled off, but now it's hot again. Too hot to sleep tonight. Cupcake is sleeping in our room while Mom is here. She was awake at 12:30 am and I never got back to sleep. So got up at 1:30 am. Now that I have baked three dozen muffins for the book party tomorrow, I'm hoping I can go back to sleep. Fingers crossed.
We completed our first information session or training for adoption. It was very good. We learned lots about adopting here. Everything was very positive. We took our application home that day (Monday) and got it all finished and submitted yesterday (Friday). Our next training day is March 15. There are three days in total (not including the first information session). We should be able to complete them all in about 6 weeks. Thursday we saw our doctor for the medical reports and they were very positive. She said we were exceptional parents. Wasn't that nice? It's pretty exciting. We asked Cupcake if she wanted another baby. She said, "yes." Then we asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister and she said, "yes, a sister or a brother." Too cute!
Still struggling a bit with all of the family stuff that I have to live with when my Mom is here. It's not my Mom so much as it is what she brings with her. I love my family, but I am so glad that I don't live in the middle of all of their stuff. DH has managed to take his help and input into family life to a new low while Mom is here. We had three bags of trash piled up in the kitchen before I finally had to nag him into taking it out. Not sure what is up with that--except that he looks for any excuse not to help. Then complains about being tired all of the time. I just want to smack him!
Trying not to watch the news. The earthquake is just too depressing. Everyone we know and love in Christchurch was fine. We do know someone who lost a son. It seems like everyone knows someone who lost someone. Hoping that creative ways are found to help our economy this year as we deal with the recovery. It just doesn't seem as if we can take one more hit to the wallet. Gas is already up to $2.07 a litre.
The weather had cooled off, but now it's hot again. Too hot to sleep tonight. Cupcake is sleeping in our room while Mom is here. She was awake at 12:30 am and I never got back to sleep. So got up at 1:30 am. Now that I have baked three dozen muffins for the book party tomorrow, I'm hoping I can go back to sleep. Fingers crossed.
Wow! Baking at 3am? You must be so tired! I was doing reviews on my blogs till 1am or so.
ReplyDeleteI have a lot of family issues too and get togethers are very stressful.
My husband sounds a lot like your by the way. ;) If any project needs to get done, I have to do it. The only one I refuse is the garbage because it's too heavy and I can't lift it over the large garbage in the alley.
Ohhh, I can't wait to see pics of more babies!!! ;)
What is happening all round the world really distresses me. I know these things must happen & I know we've been warned that as in Noah's day so it will be in the Last Days but how can people not see? More baby pics? Yes indeedy! ☺
ReplyDelete