I always struggle with what to call a post. So today I am writing the post first and then it is going to name itself. Ha!
Things are better. I did see the doctor today about my depression. She was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I love having a Christian doctor. Plus she is just very good at what she does. She was so insightful and so helpful. I am taking an anti-depressant and she recommended a friend who is a Christian counsellor that she trusts. She even gave me her home number and her mobile number. That was amazing! I feel better already. She didn't call me unfit or unspiritual or lacking in faith or any of the things I imagined (but know better).
We finished up our training today for fostering/adopting. That was great. It was a much easier training than the last one. They kept reassuring us that we area already great parents and that we can handle this, etc. That was so nice. We still have our safety check and assessment for fostering. Then later our assessment for adoption. But we will likely be approved foster parents in another 6 weeks!
Our plan is to only take 0-2's, in other words kids younger than ours. I know everyone wants babies, etc. But for our family that is the right choice. As the kids get older we can take in older kids. Right now--even a 8 year old--wouldn't fit into our family.
Tomorrow I will complete my bi-cultural component for counselling registration. A week from today I will complete my supervision for counselling registration. That is exciting. Hopefully I will be a fully registered counsellor by June or July. This means I can take referrals from the local district health board and the income/disability agency. They refer clients and pay for treatment at a higher billing rate than I can bill privately. So that is exciting. Right now my supervisor, for instance, is turning referrals away at the moment. They are in desperate need of more registered counsellors. Yay me!
This weekend is my retreat day. And only 4 weeks until the conference! Woo-hoo! We are also planning a trip to Nana and Poppas house for Mother's Day weekend (my birthday--number 32, again!). That will be so nice. I have gotten kind of used to Nana and Poppa now and miss them when we don't see them.
Thanks for hanging in there with me through my myriad of sad posts. It will get better.
Things are better. I did see the doctor today about my depression. She was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I love having a Christian doctor. Plus she is just very good at what she does. She was so insightful and so helpful. I am taking an anti-depressant and she recommended a friend who is a Christian counsellor that she trusts. She even gave me her home number and her mobile number. That was amazing! I feel better already. She didn't call me unfit or unspiritual or lacking in faith or any of the things I imagined (but know better).
We finished up our training today for fostering/adopting. That was great. It was a much easier training than the last one. They kept reassuring us that we area already great parents and that we can handle this, etc. That was so nice. We still have our safety check and assessment for fostering. Then later our assessment for adoption. But we will likely be approved foster parents in another 6 weeks!
Our plan is to only take 0-2's, in other words kids younger than ours. I know everyone wants babies, etc. But for our family that is the right choice. As the kids get older we can take in older kids. Right now--even a 8 year old--wouldn't fit into our family.
Tomorrow I will complete my bi-cultural component for counselling registration. A week from today I will complete my supervision for counselling registration. That is exciting. Hopefully I will be a fully registered counsellor by June or July. This means I can take referrals from the local district health board and the income/disability agency. They refer clients and pay for treatment at a higher billing rate than I can bill privately. So that is exciting. Right now my supervisor, for instance, is turning referrals away at the moment. They are in desperate need of more registered counsellors. Yay me!
This weekend is my retreat day. And only 4 weeks until the conference! Woo-hoo! We are also planning a trip to Nana and Poppas house for Mother's Day weekend (my birthday--number 32, again!). That will be so nice. I have gotten kind of used to Nana and Poppa now and miss them when we don't see them.
Thanks for hanging in there with me through my myriad of sad posts. It will get better.
YAY!! The clouds are lifting! Yay! :)
ReplyDeleteOf course it will get better! ☺ I am tending to swing wildly myself just now between joy & excitment for Liddy & knowing how terribly I will miss her & worry about her. Life is a funny mix sometimes. So glad things are *Better*. ☺
ReplyDeleteI don't ever link depression with spiritual "lacking". Sometimes it truly is a chemical imbalance. Top that with circumstances that are really hard for a person to go through. I do think you are a great mom. Love you and I love reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteHeh, if all you blog about some day or little things you got to organize, even a drawer, then so be it! I love to hear from it.