Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good & Busy


Cupcake, age 14 months
Bubba, age 4 months
Just before we moved from Texas to NZ

Bubba will be 3 years old in less than 2 months! Cupcake will be 4 years old in August. Can you believe it? I can't. They have grown up so fast. Still super cute and still a tremendous blessing even in the middle of hectic spell.

Tomorrow we have our "safety check" for foster care. This comes before the foster care home study/assessment. Then we will also have to do a separate home study/assessment for adoption. I must admit that I am getting a little bit excited. I know how crazy it will be to have a baby in the house, even for a short while (if foster caring) but I also know how much fun it will be. I wasn't sure last year when we began this process if I thought I could take in a baby that we would likely not be able to keep. But I think now that I can. There isn't much better than getting to love and cuddle a baby, even if only for a few weeks or months. I think it will be really good for the kids. I love that this is a ministry we can do as a family.

Anyway--cleaning today!!! I just finished our room and bathroom. Now to tidy up the rest of the house and clean the carpets. UGH. If I get finished today at a reasonable hour and my camera decides to work--I will post pictures. It's been a long time since I've posted pictures of our house.

Struggling a bit with a sinus infection. I hate those. My first of the year. I had to lay down for a bit with an ice pack on my head, but its better. Overall, I am feeling so much better than I have in a long time. I know it's too soon for the medication to be really helping yet, but I think that it is. Yay for me!

More later.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, a baby in the house. Sweet! Every time we welcome a new baby it's always an adjustment for us. But eventually we get used to it. The book I am studying right now talks about that. And she has 10! So if it's an adjustment for her every time, then I don't feel so bad. lol

    ReplyDelete