Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Sweet!"

I should post a picture of Cupcake in her special jammies that say "sweet." Every time we get them out she says, "look Mommy that says 'sweet!'" It's so cute. Right now, as I type, she and I are playing stickers. I peel them off the sticker page and she puts them in her book. Bubba is busy watching Toy Story II.

We had a not so fun trip to the doctor's office today. DH and I had to go in together because we suspected we were now infected with strep throat. This doesn't sound so hard you say--two adults and two kids, I like those numbers. Well, trying to hold on to Bubba when he doesn't want to cooperate is like trying to manage two-three kids, all at once, by yourself. Anyway, there is a play area at the doctor's office. We squeezed in and prepared for a long wait with a waiting room full of people. Bubba immediately tried to kiss the other boy his age in the play area--we averted that (especially since he is still contagious). But at the same time I was so happy he wanted to kiss the boy and not shove him to the ground. After Bubba started spitting we decided to go for a walk. That was fun--we saw a big truck, a digger, and a construction man down in a hole. Woo-hoo, boy heaven!

After two bottles of emergency chocolate milk, five books, his special airplane, a walk, some knee bouncing and a few biscuits--it was finally our turn. Sure enough Mum and Dad have strep throat. I got my refills I needed. I got a lecture about the gym. Then she began to look at Ian. (This is not our favourite doctor--this was our 2nd favourite doctor.) She wanted to know how old he was and if he talked and what we were doing about it.

Seriously. This is the doctor who when I went to her last year and asked for help she said, "oh, he's all boy--if he's still doing that when he's 10, then we'll worry." Yup. So we had to explain that we had seen Dr. Paula (the third partner and our favourite doctor) and she had referred him to the pediatric clinic, the audiologist, the speech therapist, the eye doctor, etc. We are just in the process of waiting for appointments. When I explained that Dr. Paula was concerned about autism or fetal alcohol syndrome, this doctor said "Oh (like a light bulb went off in her head), right." Lord have mercy. I had to laugh on the inside. Bless her heart.

So, Daddy is home until Thursday when we should no longer be able to infect people. The kids are home from child care. The child care lady and her daughter are sick with it too. We have our assessment (home study) for foster care on Thursday morning. Going ahead with that--no matter what.

Finished my supervision last week for registration as a counsellor.

"How about this one, Mommy--it's a hexagon." Oh my goodness--she is so smart. Amazing! Sorry, I had to stop and play stickers for a minute again.

Hopefully, I will get my full membership and be able to start earning good money by June or July. This will mean we get to have a trip home to Texas next July! Yay! I may have to visit Alabama, Florida, Missouri and Minnesota too to see blog friends and RL friends.

So--no new organization or recipe hints (sorry Virginia). But at least I got to blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if I post recipes, it's because I'm still learning and if I post about organization that's because I was desperately looking for answers! Tee hee... Trust me on that one. :D

    Awww...you guys are all sick. :( I've never had strep throat that I know of but my kids and husband say it's painful.

    ReplyDelete