
So, we are working on potty training AGAIN! Cupcake will be 4 in August. She has had some success doing wees and poos on the potty, but we haven't pressured her because of her constipation problems. We have really worked hard on it over the last week and a half since we have been home because of strep throat. Today we have been sitting on the potty every 20 minutes. We have weed on the potty, but mostly we have weed in our pants.
UGH!!!
I know I shouldn't be getting frustrated. I know she may not really be ready yet. But I feel like every time we give up and go back to pull-ups or diapers we are setting a bad precedence. I don't know. There is so much pressure these days. I feel bad about her being in diapers at church. I've gotten called on it by one mother, but mostly I am so worried she will poo in her diaper in Sunday School and be embarrassed if some other kid calls her stinky.
I tend to think that we just keep trying and remain calm. Even she has to change her panties 10 times a day--one of these days she will get it. It's definitely one of the hardest things I have had to do as a parent.
Oh gosh, I went through this with Chaz and I wish I hadn't worried so much. But he was my first and I felt pressured. I didn't know he emotionally was immature. I would make him sit on the toilet for sooo long to make sure he would go. He just didn't get it. But one day when he was 4 or 4 1/2 it just clicked and he never had an accident after that. It was when I wasn't trying. His younger sibling Ryan was 3 and went potty. Chaz saw him and wanted to do it to. They both learned at the same exact time. It's okay, Bonnie. Don't feel bad about it. Since then I've never pressured any of them. If I tried for a few days or a week and didn't have success, I would give it up for another month or two and try again. I learned that when they are ready THEY ARE READY and they never go back.
ReplyDelete