Wednesday, May 25, 2011

UGH-hard morning

All of a sudden we seem to be in the valley again when it comes to Bubba and his needs. He had been doing so well these last few weeks. His language was picking up again and he had a great Sunday at church two Sundays ago. We were hoping that maybe we had turned a corner in his development. Then just like that he is regressing again and doesn't seem able to cope with anything.

Yesterday and today, even though he knew he was going to child care which he loves, he throws a huge tantrum right as it is time to leave. HUGE TANTRUM! Today it was because DH comes out and starts the "Okay it's time to go" stuff and Bubba couldn't find his blanket. By then it was too late. The tantrum had started and even after we gave him his blanket he was in full blown meltdown. So, I sat down in a chair and put him in my lap to try some "holding." I talked to him calmly and just kept telling him it was okay, and that when he calmed down he could go to Hera's house. He finally said "okay, finished." And he was fine.

They got in the car to leave. He wouldn't say goodbye to me. He wouldn't wave to me. When they were driving off and I usually get lots of kisses blown to me--Cupcake did it and Bubba looked away. He wouldn't even look at me. My heart just sank.

Everyday I have to struggle to find what is going to work for him today. What can we do today? Is this a good day or a bad day? Can we leave the house? I know this is nothing new for most of you who read this. And I probably have it light compared to others. But some days it just makes my heart hurt. Today was one of those days.

Not only do I want him to experience fullness of life--I want him to be happy. I want him to love me. Praying he has a good day today with Hera. Now I think I will take my sinus and chest infection back to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Bubba came home from child care today so happy. He was saying "Hi Momma" before he even got out of the car. Don't know why this morning was so hard, but he had a good day in spite of it. And he was happy to see me. What more could I ask for today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the joys of being a mother. I think most mothers have this! I was a TERROR! (Not that anything has changed.) He is challenged though (as he is MALE.) It'll be ok. Just let him know he's loved and he'll love you back! Love you- Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERY kid has days like this. Hugs to you... Bubba just has more of 'em than most. :(

    ReplyDelete