We got a call yesterday afternoon about a sibling pair who were being "uplifted" and needed a foster home. The brother is 8 years old and the sister is 1.5 years old. It's quite a story. They are such sweet kids. Of course there is some stuff--like they are used to staying up all night with Mum who would take them out partying with her--so getting them to sleep was no easy task. Unfortunately, we live too close to Mum to keep them for long, but they are here for the weekend. So for a few days we are a family of four.
Our kids are so happy to have "friends" visiting. They are sleeping in the Winnie the Pooh room. The baby has never slept in her own bed, so she slept with brother. I have four clients to see today, so I may find some help for DH. We shall see.
Say a prayer that Ian is not aggressive with the baby and that everyone has a happy and restful weekend.
Our kids are so happy to have "friends" visiting. They are sleeping in the Winnie the Pooh room. The baby has never slept in her own bed, so she slept with brother. I have four clients to see today, so I may find some help for DH. We shall see.
Say a prayer that Ian is not aggressive with the baby and that everyone has a happy and restful weekend.
I'm sorry it's only for a little bit! Prayers for you and hey! Look at it this way: you can make all your little rookie fostering mistakes now. I KNOW you won't be making big ones. And these little guys are going to have a great time once they aren't scared anymore. :)
ReplyDeleteI saw this on FB & was soo happy for you. *hug*
ReplyDelete