Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Like Cranberries

Good thing, because I have a raging UTI! Caught up with the doctor yesterday over my test results. My thyroid is a bit off (as per usual for me--no thyroid for 13 years now), but she didn't think my blood sugar was high enough to officially be "diabetic" yet and didn't account for my tiredness. Since I had no identifiable infection she tested my urine and sure enough. I get these about twice a year. Runs in the family.

Anyway, I am monitoring my blood sugar three times a day. My levels are a bit high, but not diabetic without further testing. She suggested waiting until I am over the infection as it can raise blood sugars. In the mean time hoping my new diet and starting exercising will help my (just slightly high) cholesterol levels.

So, also in the news today--we had THE TALK with our child care lady. We actually went from 4 days a week to 1 day a week. This will start in a month. Then my plan is to stop all together by June. This will give her plenty of time to fill in her days with new kids and hopefully, get her off our back. We did get a lecture on all of the things she thinks we should be doing--like Sissy and Bubby enjoy time apart, Bubby needs to be challenged by other kids, Sissy needs to be challenged and should be in full-on pre-school. We can sit there and tell her right to her face that we are going to home school and she still just talks about when Sissy starts school. It's fun being invisible. ;-)

Anyway, because this a delicate situation, I felt good about how it ended. This will get her used to the idea and give us lots of time to start a new direction in our life. I am going to get connected to the local home school association and talk to my friend who home schools her kids. Girl's Brigade (like Girl Scouts) will start in August for Sissy. We are going to do swimming lessons and lots of other fun stuff. I am really looking forward to be a mostly full time Mummy again!! Yay for me.

So, aside from a UTI and Bubby's slight ear infection--we are very good! Got the letter that the hearing aid will be fitted on the 20th!! Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment