This is me and my bestie from her trip over in 2009. She is coming over soon to celebrate our "35th" birthdays. We are going on a short weekend trip to OZ--all by ourselves. DH is so jealous! I am so excited. I can't wait. (BTW--I have lost 8.5 kg--only 9 more to go and I will weigh what I did in this photo. Yay!)On day 9 of tummy bug. Now DH, Bubby, and Sissy have it too. Not quite as bad as I've had it. But poor Sissy has had a fever two nights in a row. DH is away tonight at a pastor's retreat so she gets to sleep with me all night long. We're having a slumber party. Hee-hee.
Wish I had felt better today. I have so much work to do! Our house is still in a mess from the rearranging of the rooms and just from Mummy being sick for a week. Have so much to do to catch up. Poor Bubby has been wearing Sissy's pj's for the last two nights and he is getting old enough to protest (age 3.5). Speaking of Bubby he is wearing his "robot ear" up to 30 minutes twice a day. You can see that he notices the difference. And (we may be too hopeful) but he seems to be talking more clearly.
Last night I had a strange dream. The agency director from our adoption agency in America brough us a baby girl. She was white and seemed to me to be slightly down syndrome. After dropping her off the director came to visit again to tell us we couldn't adopt the baby, she would have to remain a foster child, but that we could keep her as long as wanted her. We were so excited. DH was a bit worried about the down syndrome, but I wasn't. I was thrilled.
That got me thinking about how both of the kids' birthmothers had babies last year. And if we had still been in America we might have had an opportunity to adopt one or both of them. Sissy has a half-sister and Bubby a half-brother. How I wouldn't love to have two babies right now--a brother and sister for both of my darlings. Oh well.
I am still so hopeful that some way, some how we will have brothers and sisters for our kids. In the mean time I try to soak up every moment with my babies. I love them so much.
Ordered our homeschool curriculum. It is the Horizon curriculum from Alpha and Omega. I thought it looked quite good for the cost, although after I ordered it wanted me to buy DVDs to go with it. I didn't. They were too expensive. But I am quite excited about getting the curriculum. Some of it she is already doing. She already knows her shapes, her colours, her alphabet, her numbers, and can write her name, etc. So she will be a bit advanced for some of the pre-school curriculum, but I felt as if the Bible basis and the additional studies would still be quite useful. My hope is to get through it by the end of the year. And I plan to use it with Ian as well. Even if Ian doesn't get through it as quickly, it will be helpful to him. Sissy is really excited about doing "school" with Mummy.
In August she will be old enough to join Girl's Brigade. Like Girl Scouts, only more Christian based. I can't wait to do this together. I think she will love it. We might join the same group with our friend Lily. We shall see. Still thinking about what other activities to add--if any. Not really sure how many "groups" or socializing a 3.5 and 4.5 year old need. I do plan to get in touch with the local homeschool community. And I do have a friend from church who homeschools--so it will be nice to have her wisdom. She is also their Sunday School teacher.
Okay--back to Downton Abbey. Watching the Christmas Special from last year--the last one until the new season starts. Hope I can live without it!
Oh you reallllly do not need DVDs, especially at this age, it's redundant.
ReplyDeleteI keep waiting for some exciting news from you on the adoption front soon! I hope you have an awesome trip, congrats on the weight loss!!
*waves* HI!
ReplyDeleteFinally got around to checking out your blog... and I will be back for sure!
So glad we have a chance to meet one day.
And I look forward to clucking over your cute kids... *smiles*