This could have been me last week. I was so sick with this horrible tummy bug. The worst pain I have ever had in my life. Spent a night in the hospital getting fluids and pain meds. They wanted to keep me and I stupidly went home--what kind of a mother gives up two nights in hospital being waited on hand and foot, just lying around. Well, I did. Sent me home with pain meds. I am much better, but still not quite 100%.Then yesterday, while DH was at night church preaching, I decided to move a 32 inch TV (the old-big kind) by myself. That thing must weigh 100 lbs. I had to turn it length wise, while holding it to get it through the doors. Not good for my back. I know. Finally, got it into the new play room. Didn't hurt my back. No. I pulled a muscle near my breast bone. OMG! Years and years ago, in my previous life--my ex husband punched me so badly one night in the chest that it tore all the muscles around my breast bone. I think I must have tweaked that old injury yesterday. Could hardly sleep last night, couldn't get comfortable--thank goodness for tummy bug pain meds. ;-)
Sissy has had several days of fevers. Finally took her to clinic on Saturday--not tummy bug, but tonsillitis. She has HUGE tonsills. So, antibiotics and tylenol for her. Poor baby. She doesn't want to eat. And this morning she woke-up with such sore legs that she couldn't walk. This happens some times with her when she gets a throat bug. It can me mono (or glandular fever), but no spots in her throat so likely not. Wow and Miss Grumpy Pants all day L-O-N-G.
Bubby is back to his not wanting to go to sleep phase. We are calling the doctor tomorrow for a melantonin prescription! He kicked the walls and jumped and screamed for 3 hours last night. They are sharing a room again which means I have to put Sissy to sleep in our bed until he has finally passed out. Then he was a mess all day. Into everything! He put the stopper in the sink in the ensuite bathroom and turned on the tap. Before he turned off the water he had flooded the bathroom and most of that bedroom (the new play room). Fortunately, I was asleep so DH had to handle this. Probably better for everyone as Mum can have an explosive temper. Then after I was awake and DH was showing me the mess--Bubby runs into the room and yells "Ta-da!" Like he was so proud of his achievment. I think he was trying to be funny, but it was bad timing.
As if that wasn't enough--after some success with pooping on the potty, even all by himself--he has had a hiccup. Pooped in his pants the last two days in a row. Yesterday he did it right after he had been sittting on the potty. I helped him put the poop in the potty and we talked about it. Today, he pooped in his pants. I know because I caught him putting the poop in the potty himself. There he was, buck naked, shaking his undies over the potty. Now tell me why a kid who can understand the poop goes in the potty, can't just sit his bum on the potty to poop. I don't know.
The robot ear is an interesting trial. He will leave it in for about 30 minutes once or twice a day. He doesn't really like it. He fiddles with it and then it feeds back. If he would leave it alone I think he would really like it. He obviously hears better with it on. Right now I it feels like asking a 3 year old with the attention span of a gnat and the energy of a Tasmanian Devil to adjust to a hearing aid is an impossible feat. Wondering why I wasn't born with more energy and more patience?
The house reassignment is coming along, but so slowly. I forgot to take into consideration little things like having to move the closets around too, keeping Bubby out of that bathroom unsupervised, etc. I am so sick of my house being a huge mess. I am tired and need order! Tomorrow it's back to the real world with two clients in the afternoon. Then I get to go stand in line at WINZ to drop off proof of Bubby's disability so that we can get the disabled child allowance.
All-in-all, it's been a pretty good weekend and good start to the week. I can't really complain. I love my my kids. AND I lost 1.3 lbs last week and DH lost 2.6 lbs. I have about 35 lbs more to lose to get my $1000 from Granny. He has about 73 lbs more to lose. Mom bribed us with money. I have to lose 50 lbs and DH has to lose 100 lbs.
Please continue to pray for my brother. Still in ICU in Denver. The fluid is not coming off/out of his chest this time. He was number 1 on the heart/lung transplant list. Now he is too sick to be on the list. My sister is still with him. Mom may be going next if he doesn't come out of hospital. I have begged her to tell me if this is the end so I can beg, borrow, or steal the money to go see him. I don't know if she will. He's the only boy in a family of 4--3 of us sisters. He's my big brother. If nothing else I would like to see him happy again--he's just been so angry for so many years.
Wow, continued prayers for your brother. I figured you'd have said something if his transplant came through. I figured he was sick but holding ok. So sorry. :(
ReplyDeleteCupcake and Bubba are just the most active preschoolers, aren't they? I need some pics of their antics!! Have you noticed any differences in Bubba's speech yet with the robot ear??
That's how I feel when I have a baby. I want to get home but then I looooove being waited on. I think I'm gonna try and stay all 3 days this time even if I get bored.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I still have injuries from a really abusive relationship also. I know what you mean about how you don't feel it but then something will happen and you feel that old pain again.
Whoa, you are really going through some rough patches with your kids. Because of what you are doing, you have opened up major opportunities to also help other people who are desperately going to need advice. I know that's not WHY you do it, you love these precious children. But God is really gonna be able to work through you also.
How sad about your brother {{{HUGS}}}.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a big monetary carrot dangling in front of my face... I bet I would lose my weight then!
Bubby will come right with the potty, some kids just take a bit longer.