Just finished a yummy Saturday breakfast. I made fried potatoes and omelets with bacon and cheese. Mine also had mushrooms.
It's been another busy week of school, pre-school, and work. DH fell on Monday night and scraped his leg, which happens to be the same leg he had celluitis in this time last year. So, off to the doctor he went for strong antibiotics. It's already better. Yay! Sissy and Bubby are fine and happy. My practice is busy and I mostly enjoy it. Actually, I do enjoy it I just find that I would rather stay home cooking and cleaning and caring for my family. Oh well. It's good to get out too.
My brother has been back in ICU this week. He had a horrible bacterial infection in his colon before he left California 3.5 weeks ago. He went back to Colorado, quit taking his antibiotics because he thought they were causing him to gain fluid, and didn't check into the transplant clinic there. Can you say stupid and hard headed? So after his son found him lying in bed with his head under the covers, sweating and crying in pain--off to the hospital they went. He has lost his colon. Been on a respirator for a week, still bleeding, on hemo dialysis, and not doing well. He should be off the respirator by now, but they can't get him off. Mom is there with him--missing a week's work from her new job. Bless her heart. I feel impotent as usual. But I know my place is with my kids and that I can pray just as well from hear as I can from Denver. I just can't give hugs or rub feet.
Getting ready to convert the garage/counselling office into the little kids bedroom/play room. This will give us another bedroom to go back on the foster care roster. And give the little kids more space.
I guess that's about all. I've been trying to blog for a week, but my Firefox won't let me. So had to get on Internet Explorer today. Crazy. Good thing that I can use more technology than I understand.
NEW CHAIR?
3 hours ago
Yaaa for technology!
ReplyDeleteI am sure your big girl will settle in soon enough, just give her the time she needs to 'feel at home'.
You are a busy MUM... ain't it fun!
Wait. So where are you counselling? You are not inviting clients to share their deepest feelings in the living room whilst the children play about, are you??
ReplyDeleteI missed something here! But so glad things are working so well with your teen. I think the church should give you a teen shower and a present of a cell phone or something instead of the standard diaper tower. They should really do something to celebrate!!!!