Sissy and Bubby on our back deck
First School Holidays for Sissy
Us girls went and painted ceramics!
She did a tall cat.
I did a celebration plate.
The idea is that anyone who has a special day
gets to eat off that plate. It's bring red after firing.
Having literally my first break, alone, all to myself in like 12 days. It is the Spring school holidays here, week 2. Sissy has been home, but Bubba is still at pre-school. We have been so busy trying to find fun (and cheap) things to do, as well as, all of us are nursing colds.
I was going to work some of the holidays, but the doctor ended up putting me on 2 weeks rest. I think I only worked about 1 week in September and so far nothing in October. Stress, depression, and anxiety finally caught up with me. She has changed my anti-depressants and added an anti-anxiety, plus I am to see a psychologist for a few sessions. I couldn't really tell you what's wrong, except that I just want to hide away from life. I would say--if I didn't need to work for the money, I think I would quit.
Having just said that, I have a job interview tomorrow for a part time job with the district health board doing counselling. If I keep working, it would be good to have a foot in the door with them. It's a lot of work and administration to be in private practice.
The kids are good. Sissy loves school! She is reading really well and writing all the time. She loves to just sit and write her letters. She knows the whole alphabet in uppercase and lowercase. She is reading at a year 2 level--she's in year 0. We haven't done anything extra with her--she just loves it!
Bubba is doing well. He is trying to talk more and more. And making sense to other people besides us. Basically, he is a big 3 year old. We are still doing occupational and speech therapy. He has a new hearing aid ear piece which fits great (no falling out or feedback). It's amazing how often we have to get those changed as he grows.
Nothing much more to report. Making our own Christmas presents this year. Put a link on FB. Going to do some homemade dolls, puppets, a puppet theater (that hangs in the doorway), and some pajama pillows. I can't wait to get started. Also making tree decorations this year. I thought that would help get us all in the spirit.



Doggone it. I'm sorry about Big Sister. I had hoped for other things as well.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see your Christmas presents if you take pictures before they are wrapped. :)