Sunday, April 14, 2013

New News

Well, I did it. I quit my job. I posted it on FB, but forgot to post it here. It was an easy decision to make in the end because Ian was sick all week and required me to stay home, which I couldn't do and keep my job. So, there you go. My boss was very supportive. My last day is officially the 19th, but I won't be called in to work. I just have to go in that morning to turn in my phone and badge and say goodbye.

Debt--we got a consolidation loan through our bank to pay off all our debt. It is awesome! Saves us like $500 a month, which means we can live on 1 income. Yay!

I will be starting my private practice again--in the garage office. I am going to limit my work days to Tuesday-Thursdays, a few hours a day. Hopefully no more than 10 hours a week.

Please check out my new work blog Cuppa Grace

Good news about Ian--his hearing is all gone in his left ear, that's a steep decline since February. But his right ear is still good and doesn't require any hearing aid. We met with the primary school and ministry of ed speech therapist--they have just changed the rules about unilateral hearing loss--so he WILL get help at school. Yay! Despite being sick he's had a great weekend and is talking heaps! We are really hopeful that his transition to school between now and June 8 will be smooth. 

Looking forward to spending next week just cleaning house, maybe painting the lounge, and cleaning up my home office. 

1 comment:

  1. Good news for your family. Blessings with the new venture. ♥

    ReplyDelete