Thursday, April 4, 2013

SIx months later...

Thinking about getting back to blogging. I miss it. I miss a lot things in my life since I started trying to work full time. It's not really working out so well for me, but our biggest problem is our $38,000 of debt. Yup and we don't even own a house. We are about to spend the next 24 hours of our life trying to decide if I can stop working. I think we can probably make it--just, but it will be tight.

It does bear investigating, as a Christian, what it is that we think we need of this world. I know for a long time now I have been pretty spiritually dry. I have a feeling that God is nudging me towards a less is more philosophy again--meaning less of stuff and work--more of God, more of my family, more of my church and maybe even more to give away of myself.

Ian has the beginning of testing and investigation of his hearing tomorrow. Meeting with his new disability coordinator tomorrow as well. Next week we have a meeting with the primary school about what it would look like to get him started after his birthday in June. It's a lot to process. Whoever said life gets easier when kids go off to school was so wrong!!! I think we are busier now than we were before.

No news from America. Dad is still dying. Mom is still caring for him. Brother is back in hospital with congestive heart failure. Sisters are still fighting. That's me in a nutshell.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, there are so many hidden costs that come with working it may work out better staying at home. I hope you find what works best for your family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. $38,000?? ouch!! Prayers as you make your decisions for your beautiful family. PS Love the overalls on Bubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to hear so many things you have to deal with.
    I hope Ian's transition to school is easy for him. I am sure you will do all that is necessary to make sure it is.
    I wonder how you keep your head above water with all the family issues back in the USA! What a worry for you.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete