School starts next week. I have to admit that I am ready for the return of our normal daily routine. The kids have been begging to go back to school for about a week now. It's so funny--I've never known kids who loved school so much that they wished to go back.
This picture is from six months ago when Bubba first went for a school visit. He was so proud to be wearing his uniform! Next week will be the start of his first full school year. He only went one term last year. He's just 5.5--he still seems like a baby.
In preparation for the new school year, new teacher, etc. I have made two medical alerts tags for him. One he will wear on his wrist and one that will go on his back pack. They say: Ian Pxxxx,
Asthma, Deaf, ADHD and then have my name and mobile number. I am hoping that this might cut down on confusion this year with relief teachers who don't want to wear his hearing support system or can't figure out why he is coughing so much. Bless his heart. He had one really mean one last year who didn't like to wear his hearing system, then she couldn't understand why he wasn't paying attention. She kept calling him naughty and he came home crying, not wanting to go to school where he is a "naughty boy." Then he was having a bad asthma day and she didn't know to or didn't want to send him to the office to use his inhalers (which irks me anyway, they should be in the classroom). Finally complained to the deputy principal and they got it straightened out.
So, just to be fair and because she will want one too, Sissy got a special tag for her backpack as well. Even I have to wear a medical alert thing now. Mine is a necklace and hasn't arrived yet.
Off today to buy special label tape that is washable fabric tape to do uniforms, and then regular label tape for the labler to do lunch boxes and books. Also need printer ink. I am supposed to be working on the garden and such outside, but I'm just not super motivated yet.
Granny landed in America safely and the house feels a bit empty. I'm sure we will all enjoy the break from each other, but things were going so well there towards the end that it was sad to see her go. She'll be back in 6 weeks. Her residency application is all submitted and now we are just waiting on the decision. I can't imagine that they would say no. She's healthy and financially independent, to it won't cost NZ anything to make her a Kiwi.
All right--off to be productive today!

Any problems go straight to the head. Schools are meant to be for the children & their safety & well being is paramount. Getting to know the usual teacher really helps too. ☺
ReplyDeleteWOW. I wouldn't deal with this snippy teacher either. I can't believe she got away with that. She should get canned.
ReplyDelete