Friday, January 24, 2014

Spending Money

Bought Bubba two of these medical alert bracelets. I tried making my own, to save money, but it didn't really work out in the end. These are only $13.50 USD with free engraving at Zoo Bears Medical Ids. Shipping to NZ is $40, but still a good deal. You can buy these in NZ, but the place that sells them doesn't engrave them. Frankly, I can't be bothered to drag bracelets all over town to find an engraver. So I ordered them from Zoo Bears.

Also, bought me a medical Id bracelet from Lauren's Hope. Great selection of medical id stuff for adults and older kids. I bought a black bracelet with some simple silver beads. I should be able to wear it all the time, even in the pool. I have ordered a necklace here in NZ, but it will be weeks before it's ready. I bought it on Trademe from a lady who does hand made jewellery.

Then I ordered t-shirts from Zazzle for DH and I to wear when we go walking. 


This will be on the back of the shirt. It will say Prayer Walker with our church name and logo. That is a pencil sketch of our church. Our plan is to start walking in our neighbourhood, around the church, and hopefully get others interested and walking in different areas around town. Physical and spiritual fitness--should be fun!

That's enough spending for today. No more extra money for 2 weeks. It was fun while it lasted. 

I guess I will have to get busy now and do something productive. No more money to spend while I drink coffee and avoid my household chores. The laundry monster is growing in the garage and the kitchen needs cleaning. Also have all of my food to do a big cook-up for the freezer before school starts next week. I just need to get some disposable baking pans. Ooh--I guess I could go get those. Yay!


2 comments:

  1. I love the bracelets! I think they are a very good idea. Woodjie is just now able to tell you his address, phone number and full name. We have worked on it every day for the last two months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the RTL mob. Right to life includes everybody, no distinctions. I do not understand those who support one but not the other.

    ReplyDelete