UGH! I made the mistake today of following a thread and commenting on an article about the Munoz family. It just wears me out.
Can anyone explain to me why pro-life people tend to be pro-capital punishment and anti-capital punishment people tend be pro-abortion? How does either explain their arguments for or against the right to life? It's crazy to me.
I am pro-life which means, anti-abortion and anti-capital punishment. Although I can understand believing that capital punishment is fair in some circumstances I still believe it is retributive and not restorative justice. My Christian hope is all life can be saved, even a life that has done evil.
So, I get the argument that Mrs. Munoz is brain dead. Her body is being kept alive by life support. I even understand that the doctors have said the baby is not viable. But this baby still has a heartbeat. It had a heartbeat when she was brought into the hospital. What I don't understand is how all of these people who say that to have respect for life means to let her go and let the baby die--all the while trashing any one whose opinion is different. In my opinion, having respect for life also means treating others, even those who oppose you with value.
I just don't understand the intolerance of the tolerant. And if there is such a thing as a right to life--then isn't that all life? All of it. Born, unborn, good, bad, and different.
No comments:
Post a Comment