It's official--the new school year started today! That picture is of some very happy children! Sissy is starting Year 2 and Bubby is starting Year 1. I walked them to their new classes, helped them sort out putting away their new school supplies, and took some pictures. They were both so happy to see their friends and new classrooms.
This year Sissy's class was split-up. But her best friends are in her new class too. That's exciting. More Mom's to meet and get to know. Bubby's best friend from pre-school is also in Sissy's class. Their classrooms are right next to each other. I think it's going to be a very good year! Of course, I cried as I left them at school even though I have been counting the days until now. It's a Mom thing.
Been dealing with some adoption stuff this week. Sissy admitted she thinks about her birth mother sometimes. She doesn't have any questions yet, and she says she loves us very much. She just wonders about her tummy Mummy. Wow--that was a bit of a shock for me. I don't know why.
We have always talked openly about adoption and birth mothers. Our favourite book is about adoption. DH is adopted. I used to worry about the day she will want to meet her, but as the years have gone by that worry has settled. I know the she loves me and I love them both so much. They may both want to meet their birth families, but we will just do what we did when they were babies--we will love them through it and support them however we can.
Bubby's family has never wanted any contact from him/with him. His birth mother didn't even see him when he was born. I don't know if that will be harder or easier in the long run. The one thing I am certain of is no matter what happens--I love my babies. My life is blessed because of them. And I cherish every day I get to spend with them. All of the waiting, all of the heartbreak (3 failed adoptions, 1 miscarriage, infertility), all of the fund raising, jumping through all of the hoops, all of the anxiety and worry--all of it was worth it and I would do it all again tomorrow to be their Mommy.
They just grow up too fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment