Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday, Monday

Thank you for letting me vent yesterday and for the prayers. I know they helped!! What I am thinking is...it takes 6 months of being a part of the bariatric group at the hospital, which means working with a specialist on exercise and diet, before they will do the surgery here. So, my plan is to start the process and take part in the group. You have the option at any time to opt out of the surgery if you do well enough in the program and feel you can continue on your own.

My worry about doing the surgery is the obvious complications from surgery; some people are quite sick after the surgery (like my sister with chronic kidney and platlette problems); eating around it at some point; and loose skin. I have always been really against the surgery because my sister did the band, the balloon, and finally the full monty and managed to eat around all them. Losing 200 lbs at one point, but she is now back to size 20/22 and is sick. I guess, on some level, I am a bit nervous about being thin. I never have been in my life. I have always been large, even when I was thinner in high school and my early 20's I was never smaller than a size 12.

But, I want to be healthy. Like Ganeida said on yesterday's post, I don't want to be 50 and still needing the surgery and even sicker from the complications. I would love to no longer be diabetic! I definitely want to live long enough to see my kid's grow up and be able to participate in their lives. So, with all of this in mind my plan is to get into the program and start working towards the surgery.

Now for Monday's adventures. Driving Granny down to Auckland to catch her plane to America. She is going back for 6 weeks. She has to leave every 6 months to meet the requirements of her Grandparent's Visa. She'll be seeing my brother and his family, and one of my sister's and her family. So jealous--wish I could go too! We are staying at a posh hotel right at the airport. Can't wait for the breakfast buffet in the morning (I know--food). Then tomorrow DH and the kids and I are all going to the zoo. 

Of course, our minivan decided to break down last night. This usually happens when we are planning a trip somewhere. Just had the battery replaced, but it wouldn't start again--must be the starter or the alternator. Which meant we'd have to use Granny's car and we won't all fit in Granny's car. So, Granny rented us a van to use today and tomorrow. Yay! We're leaving after lunch. The kid's are so excited.

We are also meeting a potential suitor of Granny's at the hotel. He lives about 6 hours away from us, but he has a meeting in Auckland so is going to meet us there. Too funny. I don't know about this romance for the elderly. I just pray that if she does marry again--she finally marries a good man. 

Thank you for your prayers--keep them up. I am listening for the Holy Spirit's prompt and believe/hope I have moving in the right direction. This is my year to get healthy, to wait on God, and to take care of my family. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well done! A positive attitude will achieve much & your plan sounds really sensible! ☺ Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete