I would have added a photo, but I am blogging from my Ipad and I can't seem to do that. So, it's just words. One of you keeps asking me for a blog--you know who you are. Hee-hee! :-)
So glad to see the end of 2013. It was a crazy, hectic here with lots of emotional wreckage. Praying that 2014 is better! Thus far, it's okay, except that I am on my second round of tummy bug in the last 3 weeks. Spent all day Friday in the hospital getting tanked up on fluids and tested for everything under the sun. Found nothing. No explanation as to why I am the only one in the house whose had this thing--at all, much less twice. All I have to say is thank God my Mom is here, because DH is no good at cleaning up vomit.
Mom has officially applied for residency. We'll see what happens. Her chances are good, I would say. She is venturing into the land of online dating. For those of you who know her, you won't be surprised to hear that only 6 months after my Dad passed away. Not that he was saint or anything. I just pray she doesn't rush into marriage and ends up with some loser again. She is going back to the US for 6 weeks on the 20th. That will be nice and weird. The kids have just really settled into life with Granny in the house. It's been 4 months, almost 5.
We moved. Yep. Left our gorgeous house on the river that I had just finished decorating. Moved into a not so gorgeous, but bigger house in town, across the street from our church. In fact the church owns this house. We are now the quintessential pastors living next to the church. But Mom has her own suite of rooms which makes life at home easier. We are just about walking distance to the kid's school and several parks. Working up to that. It's been a bit too hot this summer to walk anywhere--and I've been sick.
Tommy, one of our cats, my favourite cat disappeared about a month ago. He just left one day, from the new house. Then a lady called today that she had found him at her house--way out in the country. I went to pick him up. Thrilled to have him back!! He's already had two really big cuddly naps with me in the bed today. Yay!
We also have a new kitten named Snowflake. He is an adorable smoochy little thing. Now we have three boy cats and one girl dog--named Kitty. I think we are officially the crazy cat people.
I will be redoing my blog soon and blogging more, but I am waiting on my computer to be fixed. It's too hard to blog from my Ipad, even with a keyboard. Taking 2014 off from work to concentrate on health and family. Exercising and trying to curb my diabetes, facing starting insulin soon. This will be Ian's first full year of school--so we are busy, busy here.
Here's to 2014 and a blessed New Year for all of us!!
Ohhhh I am so glad to see you blogging again! What a blessing and an adventure for the kids, having Granny about. I love her pic on your blog! She's mysterious and fashionable all at the same time. :)
ReplyDelete