Monday, February 3, 2014

Making a To Do List

Today I am making a To Do list. Partly because I know I can't possibly get it all done in one day. And partly because I like the feeling of marking things off of my list when completed. We had a little house rearranging on Saturday. The kids decided they want to share a room again. So since Sissy's room was closer to ours and the biggest bedroom, we moved them both in there. That meant I had to paint two of her pink walls blue. Now there are 3 beds in there--the bunk beds which they sleep on. And one single bed which is my bed for lying on while they fall asleep and if I have to sleep in there to make sure they stay in bed. Both of the kids have a tendency to wake-up in the night and wander around the house. Apparently, adopted kids sometimes experience real feelings of insecurity when going to sleep--something about waking up and expecting Mom not to be there. Or so I've been told by an Adoption Counsellor. If that is even the slightest bit true for my kids, I want to do whatever I can to make sure they know that I am not going anywhere.

Alright, here it goes:

Laundry (which is now in piles all over the house)
Dishes
Clean Kitchen benches and floors
Clean out fridge
Pick up toys (like the laundry, all over the house)
Tidy up new bedroom
Tidy up old bedroom
Tidy up my bedroom
Clean bathrooms
Cook dinner
Bake cookies
Make Lemonade
Blog
Emails
Call Bruce about mowing our lawns

I added the last three, because I can already mark them off my list and I start the day feeling as though I have accomplished something. Hee-hee!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that the "make lemonade" and "bake cookies" are going to be the most fun. :)

    ReplyDelete