Well, we didn't get the other siblings--not yet anyway. After all of the prayer, discussion, tears, and hope we had in the conversation this week leading up to our decision to say yes to the request that we take them in as well--we were too late. They have been placed with another family who have experience with their age group and were happy to take them on long term.
Today was "access" day and the lovely man from the group home drove the van, with all of the siblings on board, to pick-up the babies. So we did get to meet them today. They were so lovely and the little boys were so happy to see them all. Cookie doesn't know them.
There is still a sense that when all is said and done, when the legal bits are finished, and the iwi (extended "family" related only by ethnic tribe) searched for suitable caregivers--that we may be the forever family for all of them. However the future works out for these little ones we are happy to just be a part of their lives now and their healing. God has His plans and we are happy to leave it to Him.
After a month we are growing accustomed to being a family with five children. It's lots of hard work, but lots of fun!! I love the busyness, the cuddles, the mess--even the fighting and the diapers. I also love the joy and the tenderness. Bubby is doing well with it all--it's hard for him, but he's getting better.
I don't know what else to say except that family is all I ever wanted and now family is filling my every moment. Feeling so blessed!
I know that if it's going to happen, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. It might be that your littles need a little time to adjust to being one of five kids in the family before they adjust to being one of ten. You know it still just hurts knowing what they REALLY think of you at church. I dunno. The more I think about it? The more I think it's just unprofessional. At first I thought it was mayybe a bit of semi-shallow but caring yet self-interested overpaternalism? But then... what other workplace would ever get away with that?
ReplyDelete